Posted September 11, 2019
Perform duties of Bellperson including assisting guests with luggage, performing pick-ups and drop-offs at the airport, assisting guests upon check-in and check-out and assisting with and checking luggage as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage.
2. Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
3. Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
4. Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
5. Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of the bellstand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
7. Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
8. Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
9. Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
10. Perform pick ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
11. May perform the duties of a valet as required.
12. Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel service, local area events and activities. Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles. Have an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report. Ability to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage up to 75 lbs. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and/or walking.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
3000 Florida Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
Telephone (305) 441-0000
Soak up the style and tranquility of the luxurious Mayfair at Coconut Grove. Located in the heart of Coconut Grove, this artistic masterpiece blends design elements from Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, Mexico, and South America, to pamper guests in an atmosphere that is both intimate and indulgent. Your experience begins in our stunning lobby where a single door set in a hand-carved mahogany frame welcomes you to the heart of Coconut Grove. Glide past the Gaudi-inspired façade and into a realm of Old World elegance. From there, rich Amazon Ironwood, sculptured plaster ceilings crafted by artisans from across the globe, and stained-glass windows by Louis Comfort Tiffany are the perfect complement to our thoughtful and intuitive service.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE