Posted October 10, 2019
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
4. Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Telephone, Housekeeping Services, Front Office, Laundry, Concierge and Guest Services.
7. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
8. Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
9. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting. Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Education/Training: High school diploma required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
5917 Stone Creek Drive
The Colony, TX 75056
Telephone (214) 469-2525
Featuring a prime location near many popular entertainment and sports venues including Dr Pepper Arena, The Star in Frisco and Toyota Stadium, our hotel is perfect for the modern business traveler or vacationer. Get a good night's sleep in luxury bedding in our modern rooms, or take care of your business obligations with free high-speed Wi-Fi and ergonomic workstations. PURE rooms are available for the hypoallergenic guests or premium suites ideal for families or travelers looking for more space. When you get hungry, stop by The Bistro for a delicious American breakfast or dinner, or a signature beverage made with Starbucks® coffee. Once you've fueled up, head over to our fitness center to get a workout in using our huge selection of cardio equipment and free weights, then cool off with a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool complete with waterfall and fire pit.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE