Posted January 14, 2020
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Travel to meet with or call individual corporate clients by telephone to solicit annual, week day and weekend business.
• Interview, train, resolve problems and provide open communication to newly hired catering associates when appropriate.
• Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answers client inquiries.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
• Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
• Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events and meetings. Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
• Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards. Strong interpersonal skills to assess client needs, negotiate pricing and provide overall guest satisfaction. Effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Presents a professional appearance and manner
• College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Two years of previous experience directly related to hotel social catering sales.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask. High level of creativity.
• Ability to irregular hours, weekends, and evenings.
• Able to negotiate, organize, delegate and work under pressure
• Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
8661 Leesburg Pike
Tysons, VA 22182
Telephone (703) 448-1234
Our sophisticated hotel offers outstanding amenities near Washington, DC and all of northern Virginia's businesses and attractions. Travelers can explore famous landmarks and museums or shop and dine at some of the area's finest restaurants. Within our Tysons Corner hotel, guests will find a host of amenities designed to make their visit exceptional. Our spacious rooms feature the Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience beds and complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. During downtime, guests can go for a dip in our indoor heated pool or stretch their muscles at the 24-hour Sheraton Fitness Center. Stop by The Marketplace for delicious dining or request a meal to take along on your travels around Tysons Corner. If business or an event brings visitors to our hotel, they'll be delighted with our vast array of elegant venues, custom catering and unparalleled service team.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE