Posted December 3, 2019
The Essential Functions for the Banquet Manager are as follows:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
3. Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
4. Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
5. Enter billing information into point of sale/automated sales system in order to generate a final guest check. Process payroll for each event which includes calculating number of hours worked and gratuity distribution.
6. Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
7. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
At the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, Leaders perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
110 South Eutaw Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Telephone (410) 962-0202
An elevated travel experience awaits you at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. Nestled within the city's thriving Arts & Entertainment district, our hotel offers unparalleled access to Baltimore landmarks including the National Aquarium, M&T Bank Stadium, Royal Farms Arena and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Stretch out in stylish rooms and suites featuring high-speed Wi-Fi access, Plug-In technology panels, flat-screen TVs and featherbed mattresses. Watch sports as you enjoy seafood and drinks at The Yard, which boasts a unique wine and beer wall, or stop by Bricknfire for a slice of artisanal pizza. Our hotel also offers a 24-hour gym for your convenience. If you're hosting an event in the Inner Harbor, we provide 18,472 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, as well as comprehensive planning and catering services. We're also near the Convention Center, for those attending events at that venue.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE