Posted January 15, 2020
The Conference Services Manager will assist in the overall efficient operation of the Conference Services Department and will be responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned convention or meeting group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties relevant to account responsibilities in compliance with corporate guidelines. Document and organize detailed requirements of each function in Amadeus Advanced. Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts, such as directing in the creation and delivery of VIP amenities.
2. Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs. Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g., classroom, rounds. Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy. Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed such as organizing exhibit set up.
3. Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
4. Advise sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing rebookings.
5. Plan and conduct pre and post convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
6. Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
7. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of lighting and sound equipment and usage. Ability to utilize a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Able to lift, grasp, carry and/or push up to 50 pounds. Ability to work flexible schedule, as well as being able to work shift standing on feet and walking throughout hotel or sitting for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include:
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE