Posted December 20, 2019
JOB OVERVIEW: Assist in managing one or more full-service food and beverage outlet(s) daily. Serve as Restaurant Manager in his/her absence. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements. Responsible for complete restaurant operation in absence of manager.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Restaurant Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise day-to-day shift activities of one or more food and beverage outlet(s). Schedule employees to ensure proper shift coverage. Assist in communicating and enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Recommend and/or Initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions per company rules and policies — alert management of potentially dangerous issues.
3. Ensure all staff is appropriately trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to carry out their job functions effectively.
4. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Maintain appropriate service recovery guidelines to ensure total guest satisfaction.
5. Assist in monitoring the performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Make recommendations for corrective action as needed.
6. Assist in maintaining and enforcing procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs.
7. Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned regularly. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
8. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
9. May serve as Manager on Duty
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Always maintain a professional appearance and manner. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and service, wines, and preparation techniques. Exceptional mathematical abilities to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen area. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds. High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years of luxury supervisory experience in a full-service outlet or similar setting. Previous luxury hotel openings are preferred. Previous experience pairing upscale wine is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include:
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE