Posted February 14, 2020
The beautiful new Westin being built at the Arizona State University Campus is going to be the hospitality hub for the campus and the surrounding community. This new Westin is scheduled to open in 2021 and is now seeking a dynamic and successful Director of Sales and Marketing to lead the sales team.
• Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective verbal and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
• Leads resort marketing efforts and builds strong partnerships.
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
• Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
• Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
• Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
• Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Associates may be asked to perform any reasonable management request, within their capabilities, to meet the ongoing needs of the hotel.
Requires at least 2 years previous experience in Director of Sales and Marketing role with similar sized, full service hotel. 5 years experience in progressive sales management role(s) with full service hotel. Brand experience helpful as is pre-opening experience.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Strong knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The multi-million-dollar hotel sits on a +/- .85-acre parcel in the heart of Downtown Tempe. The 18-story, 290-room hotel is planned to feature state-of-the-art guest rooms and corridors, with custom-designed elements and artwork, as well as energy conservation practices. The Westin Tempe hotel will also feature a rooftop pool lounge, the brand’s signature WestinWORKOUT fitness studio, full-service restaurant, and coffee shop. Additionally, more than 14,000 square feet of convention space and meeting rooms will be a magnet for events in the Tempe area. With Westin’s signature wellness initiatives offered for travelers and local residents alike, the hotel is poised to set a new standard for well-being in the region.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE