Posted September 3, 2020
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for the programming, operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of the irrigation and drainage systems as directed. In addition, the Irrigation Technician must also be able to perform all the requirements of the Greenskeeper or Groundskeeper and Equipment Operator positions as assigned and directed by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Be involved in the application of irrigation to all irrigated areas as directed. Hand-water or operate irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water as necessary.
• Advise supervisor of irrigation stations requiring time adjustments to maintain proper soil moisture.
• Inspect the irrigation system daily for proper operation; report issues to Supervisor.
• Repair all pipes, fittings, valves, wires, controllers and heads as needed.
• Maintain parts and material inventory and submit purchase requests to the supervisor.
• Perform all preventive maintenance on the irrigation and drainage systems.
• Clean and maintain irrigation storage areas.
• Assist in orientation and training of the Foreman on the operation and layout of the irrigation system including isolation valves, controllers, programming, piping, fittings, sprinkler heads, repairs, preventive maintenance, water transfer systems, water quality ponds, etc.
• Edge all sprinkler heads, valve boxes and drainage basins as needed.
• Control insects in the irrigation control boxes.
• Participate in relevant continuing educational opportunities sufficient to maintain necessary licenses, certifications, knowledge and understanding of irrigation systems and practices.
• Become knowledgeable of environmental awareness and stewardship relating to irrigation issues.
• Perform other duties and assignments to assist other departments or as directed by the supervisor.
• Encourage obtaining and retaining a valid Texas pesticide irrigator license.
• Assist to operate and manage efficiently and effectively within the approved budget guidelines.
• Ability to work well independently and as a team member; building and encouraging teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE