Posted July 27, 2020
Hall Arts Hotel in Dallas is the upscale property of choice in Dallas. We are seeking an experienced hotel Director of Finance for this highly successful property.
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Crescent Standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
3. Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
4. Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
5. Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Crescent/Owner's requests).
6. Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
7. Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associates time records.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Three years experience as a Director of Finance in a full service hotel.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule if needed.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Must have knowledge of departmental operations. Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; as well as Department of Labor regulations.
Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers’ compensation claims and liability.
Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include:
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE