Posted September 26, 2020
The Sous Chef is accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. This leadership position exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food and Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Ensures Horseshoe Bay Resort policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists Chef de Cuisine with all kitchen operations.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team towards accomplishing work objectives; previous Supervisory experience.
• Basic level of computer knowledge; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel; experience with Agilysys preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE