Posted November 20, 2020
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Security
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
2. Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
3. Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
4. Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
5. Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
6. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 150 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
A current New York State Security Guard License is required within the first 30 days of employment. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
100 East Onondaga Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Telephone (315) 474-2424
Recently awarded the AAA Four Diamond Award, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown was restored to its original 1924 glory in 2016. We invite you to enjoy stunning surroundings both inside and out. Visit a variety of nearby attractions including Armory Square, Syracuse University and The Oncenter. When it's time to dine, enjoy savory breakfast, lunch and dinner at our three on-site restaurants, including an all-new Irish pub. Those in need of a night in can order room service from our Fresh Bites Menu, available 24 hours. Renovated hotel rooms and suites feature a sleek design with the finest quality Stickley furniture, pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TVs. Marble bathrooms complement our modern, pet-friendly accommodations with double vanities and complimentary bath products. With 41,000 square feet of brilliant meeting space including a Conference Center, we can host memorable corporate and social events, complete with professional planning and catering services.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE