Posted September 14, 2021
JOB OVERVIEW: Direct and organize the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize hotel Profitability.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
3. Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
4. Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
5. Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
6. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
9. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply
dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
10. Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control etc.
11. Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
12. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality by smell, taste, and appearance.
Must have at least 3 or more years of Director of Food & Beverage experience with multiple outlets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
555 NE Ocean Boulevard
Stuart, FL 34996
Telephone (772) 225-3700
Immerse yourself in the Florida lifestyle at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina. Beautifully situated on 200 acres by the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, our relaxing hotel is the perfect choice for family vacations, corporate retreats, weddings and social gatherings. Relax in our elegant resort accommodations, whether near the pool at our main hotel or close to the beach in Sandpiper Tower. Each hotel room features upscale amenities and a private balcony or patio with views over Hutchinson Island. Enjoy the full range of activities at our island resort, including beach and water sports, an 18-hole golf course, a 77-slip private marina, 13 tennis courts, fitness center and outdoor pools, as well as special daily events for kids and adults. Savor delicious all-day dining at Baha Grille, enjoy lunch poolside or by the beach or sip cocktails around the firepits in the evening. No matter what brings you to our hotel, we look forward to making your stay in Stuart exceptional.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE