Posted September 21, 2021
The Banquet Captain oversees banquet functions; maps out all events with banquet staff and helps to develop a proper plan of execution with Banquet Manager. It is imperative that the Banquet Captain keeps informed and becomes involved in the entire banquet execution process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise and train banquet servers, bartenders and assists on all daily banquet operations.
• Correct staff for proper service techniques.
• Thoroughly communicate function information with your team of servers.
• Development of Lead Banquet Servers and Banquet Servers.
• Must have understanding on how to read and execute a BEO form
• Make sure all meeting rooms are set accordingly to BEO’s and are clean and organized at all times.
• Daily recap of all banquet information regarding revenue, staffing, issues/concerns, weather, and amount of covers must be submitted at the end of a shift to executive office and Director of Food & Beverage.
• Communicate effectively with Event Management, Member, Guest, Banquet Chef, Front of House Management/Supervisor team on all Banquet needs. Interactions are very important and communication is vital between all areas affected.
• Daily inspection of banquet hallways, meeting rooms, store rooms and public areas, for organization and cleanliness.
• Attend BEO meetings.
• Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Neat in appearance and well groomed.
• Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant and polished.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE