Posted September 13, 2021
Our Engineering Department is hiring and we want you to join our team at Horseshoe Bay!
To perform the job of (EOD) engineer on duty in a professional manner to assist Guest in the guestrooms and internal customers needs throughout the Resort. Able to handle day-to day work challenges confidently and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and evaluating critical guest rooms and Resort amenities issues and make logical decisions to solve problems.
Assists guests in guest rooms and all internal customers throughout the resort. Handles daily work challenges confidently and is able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities. Evaluate critical guest room and resort amenity issues and make logical decisions to solve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Guest Rooms and Public Areas – plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets and programming TV’s, and HVAC equipment.
• Fire Alarm and Life Safety System – monitor systems as necessary, be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
• Energy Conservation – observe energy and utilities usage in the Resort and on the grounds. look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management.
• Tools – clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the resort. See that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area.
• Emergencies – be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
• Accident Prevention and Safety – be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. Continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the resort and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
• Records – read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. Maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
• Departmental Duties – clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. Work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized.
• Must be proficient and have basic skills in the following categories: HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Pneumatic and Electronic Systems and Controls, Carpentry, Painting and Finish Skills, Kitchen Equipment, Vehicles, Energy Conservation or General Building.
• Must possess valid Texas drivers license and satisfactory MVR for insurance purposes.
• Must be able to comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Have neat and clean overall appearance.
• Able to walk and sit as a daily routine.
• Able to ascend/descend stairs as a daily routine.
• Able to communicate and disseminate information accurately, either written or verbally, with the general public or associates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE