Posted September 14, 2021
JOB OVERVIEW: The Group Reservations Coordinator will assist the Group Sales and Event Management Teams with the set-up and room block management of the groups coming to the Hotel. The Group Reservations Coordinator will be responsible for keeping up with accurate data in order to provide accurate rooming, pick-up and billing details.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop working knowledge of Group Sales, Event Management, Front Desk, and Group Billing operations in order to apply start-to-finish knowledge to the position. Assist Sales and Convention Services Managers with questions and needs pertaining to group business.
2. Accurate and timely set-up of group blocks utilizing contracts sent from Group Sales.
3. Responsible for booking group attendee accommodations, including maintaining organized and accurate files on each group. Assist in obtaining lists and checking for accuracy. Communicate with Sales and Convention Services Managers regarding their groups’ pick-up and pattern.
4. Proper and precise tabulation of all reservation bookings and clerical needs thereof.
5. Responsible for answering incoming group attendee inquiries and requests on a timely and prompt basis. Print and provide rooming lists per client requests.
6. Maintain proper lines of communication with all departments to ensure that all details are communicated.
7. Attend pre- and post-conference meetings as necessary.
8. Creation of and communication of accurate packaging and billing arrangements.
9. Precise tabulation of rooming lists, forms, and call-in reservations.
10. Respond to all voicemail and e-mails by the end of business each day. Complete various correspondence when warranted.
11. Ensure billing for groups has been approved by accounting and routing for groups is correct.
12. Communicate final room block consumption compared to contract numbers, and submit to corresponding Sales Manager or Director of Sales.
13. Responsible for booking select business and high-profile guest accommodations. Communicate with Sales Managers regarding any clientele requests that may require follow-up.
14. Assist Front Office Manager with pre-blocking upgraded rooms or VIP clientele as requested by Sales Managers.
15. Essential and professional use of telephone service with use of proper telephone etiquette in regards to the service industry.
16. Assist in preparation of 10-day forecast and Group Commitment report.
17. Maintain accurate revenue projections in CITY. Ensure all room pools for Group Blocks arriving within 28 days have the valid Negotiated rates. Communicate with Social Sales Managers when Social room blocks are full, and adjust projected room counts as necessary.
18. Perform any other functions as determined by the Director of Sales, Revenue Manager or Director of Revenue Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information. Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Three Renaissance Square
White Plains, NY 10601
Telephone (914) 946-5500
The Opus, Westchester has a luxe residential flair, capturing the calm of a sanctuary retreat with a city soul and rich urban experience infused throughout the property. The new hotel will feature 146 guestrooms including 38 luxury suites and will be a central hub for the community, The property will be a warm and welcoming space with a social nature and modern appeal, featuring inviting open spaces, eclectic art and décor, authentic experiences, urban glamour and personalized services.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE