Posted September 20, 2021
We're Busy, and We're Hiring!
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and in the heart of the Hill Country. Offering more than ten unique food and beverage outlets. Our sophisticated lakeside dining and upscale cuisine is served for lunch and dinner at the Yacht Club. The elegant, nautical-themed setting overlooks beautiful Lake LBJ and offers a creative menu of seafood, steaks and chef-prepared specialties like prosciutto-wrapped cod, chicken fried lobster and porcini veal chop marsala. Can you taste it yet?
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by Executive Chef. Follow direction of Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
● Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
● Control proper usage and rotation of food.
● Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
● Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on HSB Resort culinary operations.
● Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
● Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
● Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
● Assist other departments as needed.
● Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef or Sous Chef on duty, and as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
● High School Diploma or GED preferred.
● 1 – 3 years prior culinary experience.
● Complete safety trainings and certifications including TABC and Food Handlers.
● Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
● Basic oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
● Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME ASSOCIATES:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE