Director of Engineering
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- A/V Technician
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Airport Lineperson
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Sales
- Assistant Golf Professional
- AV Systems Specialist
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Engineering
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Engineering Supervisor
- Equipment Operator
- Events Coordinator
- Events Manager
- FBO Airport Supervisor
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Member Services Attendant
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Guest Room Attendant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Hotel Transportation & Valet Supervisor
- Hotel/Resort Concierge
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Irrigation Technician Grounds
- Jobtoberfest Hiring Event October 27
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Lead Server - Yacht Club
- Line Cook
- Line Cook - Internships for 2022
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Marina Charter Mate
- Marina Dockhand
- Marina Host/Hostess
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Outlet Attendant / Beverage Cart / Server
- Pastry Cook - Internships for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Public Area Attendant - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Rapid Response Reservations Agent
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Restaurant Lead/Bartender
- Restaurant Server - Various Resort Outlets
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Sales Administrative Assistant
- Spa - Massage Therapist
- Spa Attendant - Housekeeping
- Spa Estethician
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Shop / Fitness Center Attendant
- Transportation Coordinator
- Valet/Parking Attendant
Director of Engineering
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Join our team at Horseshoe Bay Resort in the beautiful hill country of Texas! We are looking for a dynamic leader for our Engineering department.
Definition: The Director of Engineering has overall responsibility for building and plant maintenance and protection, Guest and Associate satisfaction and financial performance of the department. The DOE functions as a Strategic Leader of the Resort Engineering Department.
- Duties include overall operations of the Engineering department, including facilities and ground maintenance, construction, and utilities.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain an effective planned preventive maintenance system for the entire resort buildings, grounds and utility systems.
- Responsible for the training and development of skilled work force. Schedule the workload to efficiently and economically meet work responsibilities and for training of employees.
- Establish and maintain methods and procedures for notification of work schedules to Directors and management staff. Establish priority and coordinate department trades and functions to accomplish emergency and routine work activities.
- Maintain effective means of receipt and dispatch of maintenance and service calls reported form throughout the resort. Establish and maintain logs, records, etc. necessary to maintain positive control of flow and progress of the work. Coordinate all record and reporting systems in a manner to interface with appropriate electronic data systems.
- Supervise employees in accordance with State, Federal and Resort policies, including but not limited to, recruitment, discipline, performance evaluation and termination.
- Manage requisition, inventory control and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Act as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies, companies and contractors, and members of the resort community on all technical matters affecting Engineering.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all city, state and federal regulations concerning environmental protection, fire and electrical underwriter codes, safety, boiler and pressure vessel codes and other codes and regulations which may apply; responsible for a program of regular inspection of facilities, equipment and systems.
- Develop and implement an effective energy conservation program to meet consumption reduction goals established by federal, state, and local agencies. Work closely with Directors and management staff to minimize impact of conservation measures on members and guest activities.
- Responsible for collection of necessary technical data and preparation of justifications to support budget approval for energy conservation measures, deferred maintenance items, special improvements and complete facility renovation or upgrading. Responsible for budgetary planning and control of expenditures.
- Possess working knowledge of automated point-of-sale and reservation software systems.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with members, guests, staff and public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize and delegate work.
- Knowledge of management techniques, including record keeping, reporting, budgeting, inventory control and cost, personnel and performance analysis.
- Minimum age requirement – 21+ due to driving licensed Resort vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Applied Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Engineering Manager in a full-service resort including numerous amenities.
- Prior experience with UKG Pro and Hot SOS a plus
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the application of sanitation procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)