EVEN Hotel Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
129 Room Hotel
This newly opened four-story property settled in Norwalk, CT offers 129 guest rooms with unique features that are refreshing to our guests. EVEN™ Hotel Norwalk is located near city attractions like Norwalk Islands, the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and Connecticut state parks. Only a short 35 minute train ride to nearby New York City metropolitan area destinations for plenty of things to do while visiting the city and experiencing a great stay at our hotel. Our hotel is easily accessible from the Westchester County Airport (HPN) in White Plains, New York.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure you won’t have to compromise your wellness routine. As a member of the newest brand from IHG® and one of the first EVEN ™ Hotels in the world, our facility is designed to help our guests maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling.
Keep active with in-room fitness zones for private workouts and eat well when you choose from our selection of healthy food and beverage options, including made to order smoothies and Grab ‘n’ Go meals. Accomplish more with free Wi-Fi and mobile furnishings that give you the flexibility you need to be your most productive-self. You’ll rest easy with spa-inspired showers, signature EO bath products and all-natural eucalyptus linens. Start and end your day at EVEN ™ Hotel Norwalk as we provide you with the essentials for your healthy lifestyle.
Current Job Openings
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Brand experience helpful.
Prior experience as a General Manager in a hotel. Working knowledge of financial/accounting procedures.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)