Posted September 15, 2021
Supervise banquet staff in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up, as well as oversee the service and break-down functions in a safe manner.
1. Check server and houseperson banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/house persons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
9. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Ability to meet standards of appearance. Can communicate well with guests. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
245 Shawan Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Telephone (410) 785-7000
Situated on 17-acres, our campus-like environment offers guests a tranquil escape from the tumult of Baltimore. Each of our guestrooms and suites features floor-to-ceiling windows and is luxuriously appointed with elegant decor and smart amenities like complimentary WiFi and plush bedding. Designed for the discerning traveler with elevated expectations, we provide our guests an array of premium touches like a state-of-the-art fitness center, a 24-hour high-tech business center, two pools, and complimentary shuttle service within a three-mile radius. Enjoy a world-class dining experience at the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant, featuring traditional American cuisine in an opulent setting, opt for a casual bite at Cafe 245, or savor a signature handcrafted cocktail in the stylish confines of the Polo Lounge & Bar. Our Hunt Valley, MD hotel near Towson University is the only full-service Marriott in the area.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield is now being managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts.READ MORE
Nestled in the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers 563 all-suite accommodations including 80 large casitas.READ MORE
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is proud to announce the launch of Crescent Days of Summer promotional offer which will discount summer travel across all properties in the portfolio.READ MORE
Local hotel industry veteran Jesica O’Connell has been selected to serve as the General Manager for the new Element Hotel at SkySong.READ MORE
The AAA 4 Diamond Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa has joined Crescent Hotels & Resorts“Latitudes” collection of lifestyle resorts.READ MORE