Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Intern 2022
- Agronomy Intern 2022
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Audio Visual Systems Specialist
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Catering & Events Intern 2022
- Chef de Cuisine
- Culinary Supervisor
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Engineering Supervisor
- Equipment Operator
- Events Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant
- Golf Member Services Attendant
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock, $500 Hiring Bonus!
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Guest Room Attendant
- Guest Services Intern 2022
- Hair Stylist
- Hotel Transportation & Valet Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources Intern
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Irrigation Technician Grounds
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Lead Server - Yacht Club
- Line Cook
- Line Cook - Internships for 2022
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer
- Marina Dockhand
- Marina Lead Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Outlet Attendant / Beverage Cart / Server
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internships for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent -$500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Lead/Bartender
- Restaurant Server - $500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Server - Various Resort Outlets
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Sales Intern 2022
- Sous Chef
- Spa Attendant - Housekeeping
- Spa Esthetician
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tennis Shop and Fitness Center Attendant
- Transportation Coordinator
- Valet/Parking Attendant
Banquet Server Part-time
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Looking for someone to join our F&B team in banquets!
Set up and breakdown of Banquet functions, serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Horseshoe Bay and Crescent Hotels and Resorts high standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take direction from Banquet Captains and execute banquet functions to include room set up such as linen, tableware and glassware.
- Responsible for setting up of the function rooms, coffee breaks, buffets and bars as needed using a BEO as reference.
- Attend Pre-shift meetings with Banquet Captain and Banquet Servers for every function.
- Make sure all meeting rooms are set accordingly to BEO’s and are clean and tidy at all times.
- Execution of steps of service and company standards.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve food and/or beverages in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as needed and check with guests for overall satisfaction. .
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Must be 18 years or older to serve alcohol.
- TABC certified and Tips Trained required; Food Handlers required.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Previous banquet serving experience, preferably in a resort setting is valued.
- Requires a working knowledge of ala carte, fine dining as well as white glove practices.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
- Neat in appearance and well groomed.
- Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant and polished.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware. Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)