Agronomy Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Intern 2022
- Agronomy Intern 2022
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Sales
- Audio Visual Systems Specialist
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Busperson - Various Resort Outlets
- Chef de Cuisine
- Culinary Supervisor
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Engineering Supervisor
- Equipment Operator
- Events Coordinator
- Events Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Food and Beverage Director - Waters
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Guest Room Attendant
- Guest Services Intern 2022
- Hair Stylist
- Head Golf Professional Slick Rock
- Hotel Transportation & Valet Supervisor
- Human Resources Intern
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Irrigation Technician Grounds
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Lead Server - Yacht Club
- Line Cook
- Line Cook - Internships for 2022
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer
- Marina Dockhand
- Marina Host/Hostess
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Outlet Attendant / Beverage Cart / Server
- Pastry Cook - Internships for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Reservations Guest Service Agent -$500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Lead/Bartender
- Restaurant Server - $500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Sales Intern 2022
- Spa Attendant - Housekeeping
- Spa Esthetician
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Shop and Fitness Center Attendant
- Transportation Coordinator
- Transportation/Valet and Guest Services Manager
- Valet/Parking Attendant
Agronomy Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Looking for an internship in the areas of Agronomy, Turf Management, Irrigation, Landscaping, and Golf Maintenance? Then join our Agronomy team at our golf courses in beautiful Horseshoe Bay, Texas!
The Agronomy Intern reports directly to the Agronomist. Under the agronomist’s supervision participates in the maintenance of all areas of the golf course including but not limited to greens, tees, fairways, bunkers, roughs, water features and cart paths; assists with the operation, maintenance and repair of the irrigation systems and motorized and other mechanical equipment as assigned; assists with the application of fertilizers, soil amendments and pest control products as assigned; and does related work as required.
- Execute daily golf course maintenance assignments on championship level course
- Golf Course Set Up – Prepare a unique and enjoyable layout on a daily basis according to golf course conditions
- Perform practices necessary to maintain championship conditions
- Have a team work ethic and show leadership to help motivate small crews and complete projects
- Fertilizer, soil amendment and pest control application
- Help calibrate fertilizer spreader and sprayer equipment
- Assist with the application of both sprayable and granular products with both walking and riding sprayers or spreaders.
- Learn and assist with all application record keeping
- Learn and assist with irrigation controller operation, maintenance and repair
- Assist with irrigation system pipe, fitting and sprinkler maintenance and repair
- Learn Pump Station operation and recordkeeping
- Learn to manage desired moisture levels through the use of moisture meters, hand watering and syringing techniques
- Understand the entire Agronomy operation, including:
- Turf Management
- Landscape Management
- Environmental Philosophies
- Equipment Maintenance Procedures
- Golf Maintenance Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Have a history of a good work ethic, initiative, responsibility, dependability and honesty.
- Requires a high degree of problem-solving abilities and professional people skills.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read, and write English.
- Must be able to use a computer as needed.
- Must maintain a neat and pleasant overall professional appearance.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Have physical strength, stamina and agility at levels necessary to perform common golf course maintenance operations tasks.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift, push and/or move up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand for a long period of time, as a daily routine.
- Must be able to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, supervisors, management, members, residents and the general public.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs and slopes as a daily routine.
- Must be able to interact and participate with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+ (21+ if driving licensed Resort vehicle)
- Valid driver’s license or CDL and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
- Must be enrolled in college level coursework in Agronomy or related field
Internship Specific Requirements:
- Will rotate through as many focus areas as possible based the proficiency of the Intern
- Could assist management on special projects as assigned
- School required evaluations to be completed by manager
- Length and timing of Internship can be flexible to meet School and Intern schedule
Associate housing is available at HSBR so call for more details - 830-598-7324.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)