Activities Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Intern 2022
- Agronomy Intern 2022
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Sales
- Audio Visual Systems Specialist
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Busperson - Various Resort Outlets
- Chef de Cuisine
- Culinary Supervisor
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Engineering Supervisor
- Equipment Operator
- Events Coordinator
- Events Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Food and Beverage Director - Waters
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Guest Room Attendant
- Guest Services Intern 2022
- Hair Stylist
- Head Golf Professional Slick Rock
- Hotel Transportation & Valet Supervisor
- Human Resources Intern
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Irrigation Technician Grounds
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Lead Server - Yacht Club
- Line Cook
- Line Cook - Internships for 2022
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer
- Marina Dockhand
- Marina Host/Hostess
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Outlet Attendant / Beverage Cart / Server
- Pastry Cook - Internships for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant - Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Reservations Guest Service Agent -$500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Lead/Bartender
- Restaurant Server - $500 Hiring Bonus!
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Sales Intern 2022
- Spa Attendant - Housekeeping
- Spa Esthetician
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Shop and Fitness Center Attendant
- Transportation Coordinator
- Transportation/Valet and Guest Services Manager
- Valet/Parking Attendant
Activities Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Looking for a fun place to spend your Internship but still get great experience in the Recreation, Activities and Hospitality industry? Then join the team at Horseshoe Bay Resort!
The Activities Intern will provide young guests and their families fun filled activities which exercise the imagination as well as the body. To execute daily activities and supervise guests and members children in the Jungle Kids Club while striving toward total member/ guest satisfaction. To be at all scheduled activities and shifts on time with all necessary materials and equipment. To facilitate the responsibilities of the Whitewater Putting Course and recreation equipment check-out process.
- Responsible for the efficient and professional implementation of the Kids’ Club and Activities and putting programs.
- Be knowledgeable of the entire activity guide and capable of answering guest’s questions about activities and Kids Club including activities and putting prices, times, locations, etc.
- Keep Kids Club, Activity Closets, Whitewater putting hut, and Live Oak Lawn presentable always.
- Assist with activities and care of group children when requested.
- Address resort member/resort guest’s problems and complaints immediately by consulting with Activities Manager or Supervisor and in absence contact Hotel Front Desk Manager.
- Order and pick up lunch/ dinner meals from J’s Restaurant or 360 Grill for Kids Club/ Kids Night Out on time.
- Always create a productive and positive atmosphere; have a good relationship with all associates and all departments.
- Be very familiar with all aspects and areas of the Resort and nearby areas. Be able to make recommendations for restaurants, shopping, etc. when asked by guests.
- Ensure that work area is always clean, neat, and organized.
- Provide a positively memorable experience to all Kids’ Club, activities and putting guests by implementing themed day arts and crafts, games, and activities.
- Attend meetings daily, weekly, and monthly. As Intern, attend required Orientation, Leadership, and other required training classes.
- Always be aware of daily duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that members and guests are being charged correctly for activities/ Kids Club, activities and putting.
- Ensure that all supplies for Kids’ Club and Activities programs are well maintained and notify supervisor when needed.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is working properly. Notify Director or Supervisor of any problems immediately.
- Be available and prepared to work a flexible schedule including morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts, as well as holidays. Be prepared to be switched between working Kids Club/ Kids Night Out, Whitewater, and activities if necessary.
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of Horseshoe Bay Resort and Crescent.
- Ensure all resort members/resort guests requests and satisfaction are of utmost importance.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Childcare certification valued.
- Provide gracious hospitality towards all resort members/resorts guests. Be familiar and adhere to all Crescent and Horseshoe Bay Resort policies, procedures, and standards.
- Check with your immediate supervisor for additional information.
- Develop knowledge about frequent resort members and/or resort guests-- especially about their children
- Be familiar with cultural differences to meet all different customer needs.
- Be knowledgeable about etiquette and protocols.
- At all times strive to represent Horseshoe Bay Resort and Crescent in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Must have neat and clean overall appearance
- Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
- Speak, read, and write in English.
- Professional demeanor in both mannerism and appearance.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be familiar with all emergency plans and be able to act upon them.
- Have a good knowledge about the city and environment
- Report any unusual occurrences immediately to Manger or Supervisor.
- Maintain safety by adhering to safety policies; be responsible to report all accidents immediately. Support all safety programs. Proceed with caution when walking on slippery floors and in congested areas. Ensure that proper safety instructions are given before operating any equipment. Ensure Kids Club, all activities and putting are committed to providing our young guests and their families with a safe, fun, and worry-free stay at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Ensure knowledge of the proper procedures for reporting accidents.
- Must be physically fit, have the ability to bend and stoop
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to sit/stand, walk/run, push/pull, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch/crawl.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers, customers and have a sense of TEAM
- High school diploma; or GED and pursuing college degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Present a professional appearance and positive company image.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+
- Must be enrolled in college level coursework in related field
Internship Specific Requirements:
- Will assist management on special projects throughout course of internship
- May rotate through multiple areas
- Mid-term and Final evaluations to be completed by Manager
- Spring or Summer Semester
Associate housing available so call for more details - 830-598-7324.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)