184 Room Hotel
Matrix Hotel provides a distinctive hospitality experience to travelers who appreciate great design in the heart of the city. The hotel is centrally located downtown between the business and government districts for the convenience of the corporate traveler. After the work day or for the leisure traveler, the Edmonton river valley is a short stroll away as are the many shops, restaurants, cafés, arts and theatre venues.
Matrix Hotel is naturally inspired, and was designed to be an environment where positive experiences are developed. The modern décor blends clean minimalist lines with sleek and textural natural stone and wood for a stunning and soothing atmosphere. Interesting objet d’arts and paintings punctuate warm hues of silver, pewter and platinum throughout the hotel’s public spaces.
Matrix Hotel offers an unparalleled downtown Edmonton hotel experience.
Matrix Hotel is looking for an exciting & enthusiastic addition to help lead our housekeeping team!
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, you will help lead our team to promote a safe work environment, outstanding service and guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and develop the housekeeping team; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback.
- Communicate regularly with the Guest Services team to ensure smooth, efficient processes and communication between teams; Liaise with Maintenance regarding guestroom and public space deficiencies.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct quarterly training sessions, one-on-one meetings, coaching, performance reviews.
- Responsible for Housekeeping scheduling and operations in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Minimum 1 year previous cleaning and supervisory experience required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Must be able to work varied shift work, including weekends and holidays.
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment.
- All successful candidates will be required to show proof of full vaccination upon hire. The Company will provide reasonable accommodation to any individual who is not able to comply with this vaccination requirement due to a disability or other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Must be completely familiar with the role during hotel emergencies, including fire alarms, medical emergencies, the use of Incident Reports and Logbooks.
- Provincial legislation requires employees to work safely and cooperate with their employer by following the health and safety rules for the job.
53 North Collection and Crescent Hotels & Resorts offer competitive wages, work/life balance, advancement opportunities & a comprehensive group benefits package.
OUR DIFFERENCES ARE WHAT MAKE US GREAT
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts we strive to create a great place to work where associates at all levels of our organization are respected for their differences, just like the guests and owners we serve.
That’s why we are dedicated to creating an environment that facilitates open and honest conversations about race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. By examining our own beliefs and behaviors, we can create change through training, recruiting, and promoting diverse talent to strengthen our culture.