Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Horseshoe Bay Resort
We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef to oversee our Yacht Club kitchen at our exceptional, AAA-four diamond golf resort on the shores of Lake LBJ. Horseshoe Bay Resort offers diverse amenities and luxurious accommodations located in the highly desirable Texas Hill and Lake Country.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the team and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures resort policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef, and Executive Chef with menu development.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Demonstrates a positive example for guest relations.
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Ensures associates maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Proactively reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Calculates accurate theoretical and weighted food costs. Conducts monthly food inventory.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with developing and coaching direct reports including completion of Leadership Performance Process (LPP).
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Resume, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Managing Daily Operations of the Area or Department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Organizing, Planning, and PrioritizingWork - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Maintaining Productivity Levels - Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of associates.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Previous culinary leadership experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computer skills - basic level of computer knowledge; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel; experience with Agilysys preferred.
- Driving - Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)