Irrigation Technician Agronomy
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Irrigation Technician Agronomy
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Love working outside in the beautiful hill and lake country of Texas? Then join our agronomy team at Horseshoe Bay Resort!
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for the programming, operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of the irrigation and drainage systems on all golf courses as directed. In addition, the Irrigation Technician must also be able to perform all the requirements of the Lead Greenskeeper, Equipment Operator and Greenskeeper positions and assist the Application Technician as assigned and directed by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be involved in the application of irrigation to all irrigated areas as directed.
- Hand-water or operate irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water as necessary.
- Advise supervisor of irrigation stations requiring time adjustments to maintain proper soil moisture.
- Inspect the irrigation system daily for proper operation.
- Repair all pipes, fittings, valves, wires, controllers and heads as needed.
- Maintain irrigation parts and material inventory and submit purchase requests to the supervisor.
- Perform all preventive maintenance on the irrigation and drainage systems.
- Install additional irrigation or drainage as directed by the supervisor.
- Report all malfunctions or failures to the supervisor immediately.
- Clean and return all equipment and materials to their designated area upon completion of assignment on a daily basis.
- Clean and maintain irrigation storage areas.
- Assist in orientation and training of the Foreman on the operation and layout of the irrigation system including isolation valves, controllers, programming, piping, fittings, sprinkler heads, repairs, preventive maintenance, water transfer systems, water quality ponds, etc.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+ (21+ if driving licensed Resort vehicle)
- Valid driver’s license or CDL and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
- A minimum of one-year experience in grounds maintenance or irrigation installation, maintenance and repair is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- College degree preferred.
- Encourage obtaining and retaining a valid Texas pesticide irrigator license.
- Basic knowledge of agronomy, engineering, and golf course and grounds maintenance as related to irrigation and drainage.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic working knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, automatic heads, valves, controllers and pump stations.
- High degree of good common sense and math skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
- Working knowledge of safe and efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment to perform assigned duties.
* $2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by May 31, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)