Loss Prevention Officer
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Loss Prevention Officer
Horseshoe Bay Resort
We are looking for a professional to join our team in Loss Prevention at Horseshoe Bay Resort! We have full-time and part-time positions available.
Officers are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment, maintaining the peace, and acting on actual violations of the aforementioned for the purposes of resolution. Officers are dispatched from a centrally located office within the resort on assigned patrols to look for actual or potential violations of resort standards regarding conduct, safety ordinances, county, state, federal, or municipal codes. Must have availability to work variable shifts to include days and evenings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for all initial medical aid contacts and act as first responders assessing and rendering appropriate first aid and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitations, rescue breathing, or other life-saving technique, and if necessary and prudent, request the dispatch of additional Emergency Services Personnel, such as paramedics.
• Investigates and write reports for all incidents reported occurring on their shift that are relevant to the four categories: Crime, Incidents, Medical Emergencies, and Traffic.
• Assists in identifying trends on their shift, creating strategic plans, and preventing similar occurrences in the future.
• Assists in conducting weekly safety inspections and monthly limited response fire and medical aid drills.
• When called on to do so, provides expert testimony on behalf of the resort in litigation matters pertaining to prosecution, defense, or liability.
• Collects and administrates the logging of all Lost Property turned into the Loss Prevention Office, storing it in a timely manner.
• Issues and records the issuance of keys to various departments.
• Acts as a dispatcher and observes surveillance monitors.
• Answers phone, light office work such as, but not limited to filing, copying, computer data entry, receiving and shipping of packages, process US mail, etc.
• Prepare incidents reports as needed.
• In general, maintains the objectives, policies and procedures laid out in all Horseshoe Bay Resort Policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to obtain a Private Security License and meet all the qualifications listed on the States page.
• Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
• First Aid certification.
• Ability to communicate in English with guests, management, co-workers, and members of Law Enforcement and Emergency Services.
• Must be computer literate and be able to use software programs as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have a valid clear and current Texas Driver’s License.
• Must be comfortable working independently.
• Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
• Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; push; pull; upward reaching; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This department requires footwear which is slip resistant, closed toe and heel as part of their uniform.
* $2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by May 31, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)