Director of Sales and Marketing
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Director of Sales and Marketing
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Golf Resort and Spa is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing for this world famous destination resort.
Let the scenic beauty of the Texas Hill Country inspire your guests when you plan a meeting, social event or corporate gathering at our luxurious resort on the shores of Lake LBJ. With a choice of intriguing meeting venues, from intimate hospitality suites to scenic lakeside beaches, Horseshoe Bay Resort provides the perfect setting for functions of any size. With an effortless blend of superior service, modern technology and waterfront relaxation, discover how we make extraordinary events happen here in the Texas Hill Country.
We are looking for an experienced Sales and Marketing leader to join our team at Horseshoe Bay Resort in the beautiful hill and lake country of Texas!
Definition: The Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) is responsible for leading and managing the teams that drive group revenues, Leisure sales initiatives and all marketing, including public relations efforts for Horseshoe Bay Resort.
- Must have proven hospitality sales and management skills. Proven ability to drive upscale leisure and group room nights through a variety of channels and 3rd party networks.
- This position is responsible for hiring and developing the staffing for the Sales and Marketing departments.
- The DOSM is responsible for the budget preparation and on-going financial management of the sales and marketing departments.
- The DOSM is responsible for creating and distributing the weekly Pace, STR, Sales Forecast, and Sales Productivity Reports.
- Review the Resort’s sales and marketing programs, to ensure proper coverage of direct selling, department administration and marketing.
- Develop, update and/or upgrade Resort’s Marketing department Standard Operating Procedures. Oversee production of all print material. Supervise printing process for color and accuracy. Ensure corporate graphic standards are maintained throughout the Resort.
- Company liaison with marketing partners- advertising agency, public relations agency, etc.
- Review monthly Marketing and Sales reports for amenities at Resort. Analyze trends. Anticipate the future. Recommend and initiate solutions to problems.
- Review industry trends, periodicals and other happenings. Attend seminars. Keep self and Resort marketing associates up-to-date. Encourage good ideas.
- Be prepared to complete reports on existing opportunities, facilities concepts to meet the markets, property theme, position in the market, competition, marketing staffing (number, timing, salary schedules, and availability) and rate structures.
- Provide input on all promotional literature at the development stage to ensure effectiveness.
- Review and monitor preopening marketing and sales checklists for new amenities.
- Provide input regarding Resort’s marketing and sales that will ensure the success of the company.
- This position interacts with all Senior Leaders and many Leadership level managers in the daily operations of the resort. The DOSM oversees the resort’s relationship with key account customers, 3rd party agents, and sales and marketing staff.
- A four year college degree and 5–10 years of experience in hotel/resort Sales and Marketing.
- Must have extensive experience managing and leading sales teams.
- Must have experience developing and administering hotel/resort sales office policies and procedures.
- Prefer proficiency with the Agilisys system.
- Must be very computer literate and skilled with standard office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at the highest levels.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and ability to develop the team and motivate towards shared success.
- Must be skilled with standard office equipment.
- Must have neat and clean overall appearance.
- Maintain proper associate uniform standards.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Physically this job requires the ability to walk the property with only minor lifting.
- The work environment is an office setting, with an occasional need to be on the resort grounds with staff and/or customers.
- On occasion this position requires some travel for sales missions and industry trade shows.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee is required to walk, sit, push or pull.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and customers and have a sense of TEAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)