Director of Food & Beverage
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Director of Food & Beverage
Horseshoe Bay Resort
We are looking for an experienced F&B Director to join our team at the award-winning Horseshoe Bay Resort located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country!
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues. Here at the Texas Hill Country retreat on the lake, you'll find a lifestyle that's well deserved. Explore for yourself.
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing and directing the Front of the House Food & Beverage operations including Banquets, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Lounges, and any other Food or Beverage related areas. Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives. Oversee development of employees. Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, review and evaluate performance, and conduct salary reviews for employees. Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations. Coordinate food and beverage operations with other resort and hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service. Resolve Member/guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction.
• Responsible for food and beverage quality.
• Oversees all Food & Beverage Outlets, and Banquets.
• In charge of general F&B accounting operations.
• In charge of Cost Controls/Purchasing/Receiving of front of house.
• Coordinate all activities pertaining to F&B operations.
• Responsible for service supplies purchases and inventories.
• In charge of hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating performance of F&B management staff.
• Executive in charge of overseeing scheduling and labor costs of service staff.
• Responsible for the coordination between the back and front of the house F&B operations.
• Responsible for the organization, coordination, and sanitation of the food service areas.
• Responsible for Point-of-Sale training and supervision.
• Responsible for maintaining F&B equipment and overseeing maintenance of equipment.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years previous F&B Director experience at a luxury resort property.
• Previous experience with Evaluation of F&B items, Purchasing and Receiving.
• Menu Planning and Pricing/Food Cost Controls/Labor Cost Controls.
• General Computer Knowledge.
• F&B Accounting Skills and Budgeting and P&L Planning.
• Point of Sale System Supervision.
• Quality Food Preparation
• Supervision, Evaluation and Training Back-of-the House Staff
• Ability to Motivate and empower Associates.
• Strong inter-personal communication skills.
• Organizational Skills between Front and Back House Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)