Director of Rooms
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Director of Rooms
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Elevate your career at our award-winning resort in the beautiful hill and lake country of Horseshoe Bay, Texas!
POSITION: Director of Rooms Division
SUPERVISES: Director of Housekeeping, Front Office Manager, Transportation Manager, Rental Program Manager
Definition: The Director of Rooms Division is responsible for operating and overseeing Guest Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Transportation, and Front Office Operations. The Director will demonstrate a willingness to commit to actions necessary to move the resort/membership department forward on a daily basis.
- Operate and manage the Rooms division including Hotel, Housekeeping, Front Office Activities and Transportation.
- Monitor and oversee daily operations and the coordination of all arrivals, departures, groups and VIPs.
- Ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction and respond to customer complaints proactively.
- Develop and implement the service strategy and initiatives.
- Monitor all activities within the Rooms division as they relate to customer satisfaction, employee morale and development to assure delivery of the highest level of guest service possible.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Monitor all room, property, and amenity cleanliness and standards.
- Maintain an understanding of reservations forecast and revenue controls to maximize rate, occupancy, and revenue.
- Develop, recommend, and implement budgets and manage expenses within approved budget guidelines.
- Prepare weekly reports on projected revenues and expenses.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- 5 years’ leadership experience in the hotel/resort industry or rental management.
- Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in P&L analysis and budgeting.
- Strong leadership, training and team building skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and achieve very high standards of personalized guest service, while having strong technical skills to drive revenue and yield.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must have neat and clean overall appearance.
- Must be able to walk and sit as a daily routine.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs as a daily routine.
- Must be able to communicate and disseminate information accurately, either written or verbally, with the general public or associates.
- Must be able to comprehend reading materials.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)