Director of Revenue Management
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Director of Revenue Management
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Would you like to live in the beautiful hill and lake country of Texas? Horseshoe Bay Resort has a great opportunity for a Director of Revenue Management.
The Director of Revenue Management is responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of revenue generation at the property to include pricing, distribution, promotions, group evaluation, leisure and corporate revenue production, food & beverage sales, resort outlet sales including golf, marina, spa, tennis and activities, and market penetration. This effort encompasses the full design and execution oversight of rate strategies, distribution management, and development of an on-property reservation sales department as outlined in the property business plan.
Facilitate a group block management program to ensure contracted blocks are being maintained, forecasted, yielded, and released at appropriate times.
- Actively involved in the creation of both day by day forecasts as well as day by day budgets.
- Involved in the strategic planning process targeting future goals as well as Revpar penetration numbers.
- Ensures that updated forecasts match selling philosophy.
Transient Pricing and Demand Evaluation
- Implement a daily demand-based pricing strategy model by unit types to ensure hotel is maximizing potential.
- Utilize key 3rd party reports to aid in effectively pricing units.
- Work directly with key partners to implement a results-driven action plan to yield up during high demand times as well as implement strategies during lower-demand times.
- Work directly with Reservations Sales Manager to ensure all negotiated accounts are bookable and priced effectively positioning the hotel to steal market share from these accounts.
- Develop and maintain electronic distribution strategy to include 3rd party internet content and positioning, market manager relationships, and GDS distribution.
- Monitor all electronic distribution sites on a regular basis to ensure all transient rates and available room types are loaded and accessible.
- Work directly with marketing manager and E-Site Marketing to create and implement web site and search engine optimization (SEOP), search engine advertising (SEA), and online marketing.
- Effective management of all third party OTA’s, private sales, and opaque channels to ensure optimization of channel management.
- Utilize weekly ROC meeting with a consistent agenda, holding team members accountable for active participation and assignment completion.
- Conduct weekly ROC meetings involving strategies for the next year, competitive business analysis, financial room forecasts and budgets. DRM is responsible to ensure all key stakeholders show active and consistent participation in the weekly meetings.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly core group of reports such as forecasts, market segmentation detail, channel distribution, and pace (group and transient).
- Maintain a strategy board to ensure property rates and restrictions are in alignment with overall demand, market pricing, hotel inventory, and rate parity across all distribution channels is adhered to.
- Create hotel day by day (by segment) budget as part of the annual marketing plan process.
- Promote a ROC community on-property by taking ownership and accountability of all reports that are produced and ensure meeting participation is solid.
- Foster a cooperative working relationship with local competitor hotels in order to promote referrals as well as keep abreast of market demand and trends.
- Prior hotel revenue management experience.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Affinity for numerical judgment.
- Strong knowledge of tourism industry, leisure, convention and incentive group markets including customer segmentation, distribution systems, and negotiation.
- Knowledge of development and distribution strategies of all types of marketing communications materials.
- Wants to be held accountable to numbers and hard quantifiable goals.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of distribution channels and third-party OTA management.
- Knowledge of general business, legal, and management practices, including leadership experience in coaching, mentoring, challenging and enabling employees to successfully meet objectives and goals.
- Ability to make effective, persuasive public and written presentations.
- Ability to respond effectively to quickly changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to absorb and manage workload requiring irregular evening and weekend work hours and some out-of-town travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to utilize them effectively in English with guests, peers and associates.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility within the department.
- Familiarity with all operational areas of the property.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)