Conferences Services Manager
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Conferences Services Manager
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Definition: Facilitate planning with corporate, social, HSB member, and internal clients to ensure customer satisfaction and optimized revenue for the Resort. Responsibilities include coordinating, planning, and communicating all details for group functions to appropriate resort departments, on-site management of events, and billing and follow-up post-event.
Coordinate all group activities between Conference Services, Department Heads and Managers of Horseshoe Bay Resort.
- To perform pre-function activities such as on-site tours, menu tasting/planning session, Banquet Event Orders, estimates, diagrams, and activity coordination between all departments.
- Coordinate function activities with management personnel, service personnel, recreational professionals, accounting personnel and outside vendors.
- Attend all required meetings (BEO, WEPM, Staff, SCRUB, EM Dept)
- Meet all internal deadlines for completion of paperwork, or follow procedures for pop-ups, revisions, etc.
- Maintain professional composure in high stress situations to make last-minute changes and develop strong and concise written and oral communication with other departments.
- Follow all Resort rules and policies concerning club and group functions.
- Maintain confidentiality and currency of client files.
- Perform mail-out duties, such as thank you letters, comment letters, re-booking, reminders, etc.
- Assist with billing responsibilities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and bring new ideas to the resort.
- Issue department reports as required and scheduled.
- Solicit and book corporate, golf, member, social and weddings events whenever possible.
- Participate in sales training activities to increase amenity usage and department revenue.
- Assist in developing department budget and marketing plan and succession planning.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree with emphasis in Hospitality preferred; or 2-5 years of equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of Hotel/Resort Management experience highly recommended
- Phone etiquette is a must.
- Superb communication skills both verbally, and via email are required.
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook). Experience with Delphi is preferred.
- Able to type 40 words per minute.
- Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance.
- Maintain proper associate professional dress standards.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Frequently lifting 10-15 lbs
- Must be able to reach top drawer of four-drawer cabinet.
- Must have normal vision or corrective lenses.
- Able to walk as a daily routine.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs as a daily routine.
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read, and write English.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
* $2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by April 30, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)