Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Join the award winning resort and team at Horseshoe Bay Resort in the beautiful hill and lake country of Texas!
The Sous Chef is accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by the Resort Executive Chef. Follow direction of Resort Executive Chef, and Managing Chef in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production. Responsible for various assigned work stations within the kitchen, which include, but are not limited to, working with equipment such as, knives, steamers, sauté station, frying, ovens, braiser, steam kettle, char broiler, griddle, rotisserie, smokers, woks, slicers, food processors, etc…. The Associate will artfully prepare wholesome foods as directed either verbally or by reading order tickets or banquet event orders in accordance with the property standard recipes and presentation techniques, while maintaining all applicable Texas state sanitation rules and regulations.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
Delivers superior internal and external Texas Hill Country Hospitality, by ensuring every interaction includes outgoing and proactive guest service. Last and certainly not least, work harmoniously with fellow Associates.
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
- Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Horseshoe Bay Resort standards.
- Control proper usage and rotation of food.
- Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
- Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on HSB Resort culinary operations or our members and guests.
- Maintain top organization and cleanliness in all walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
- Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
- Assist other departments as requested.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef or Sous Chef on duty, be willing to see and adjust to changes which may occur in work environment and/or workload.
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by the HSB Resort culinary management team.
- Operate within established guidelines, policies, standards and constraints set forth by HSB Resort.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Property and Department standards including Safety Guidelines.
- Attend all Property and Departmental Trainings and Meetings as instructed.
- Wash, slice, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing them with utensils.
- Ensure work procedures, quality standards and menu specifications are adhered to.
- In an open kitchen, Member and Guest interaction are a must. Engage the Member/Guest each time they are within 10 feet of your area. Explain product, ask questions and build positive relationships with the our Member/guests.
- Coordinate and communicate on orders with dining room team. Complete opening, closing and other side duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Be in constant communication with Lead Cook and Sous Chefs.
- Pass all tests given including the training in order to retain the knowledge needed to be an effective team member.
- Maintain a well-groomed, neat and clean appearance, in accordance with our Property and Local Health Code Standards
- Perform all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
- Perform all duties as assigned by Culinary and Property Leadership.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Inform Chef of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials of elsewhere.
- Maintain food logs for all food products.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to insure optimum service to customers.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen team daily.
- Ensures Horseshoe Bay Resort policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Assists Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance through direct feedback from Medallia and Member Reviews.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
- This person in this position will have to have excellent communication skills; basic level of computer knowledge; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel; experience with Agilysys preferred.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
- Trains associates in safety procedures.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
In this position, you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets, placement depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays, nights and weekends as business demands, even if when your primary outlet is closed.
- Servsafe - Complete safety trainings and certifications for Manger Certificate
- Food Safety - Maintain all cooks hold valid Food Handlers Certificate. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state and federal regulations.
- Integrity - Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Safety - Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
- Mobility - Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Managing Daily Operations of the Area or Department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Organizing, Planning, and PrioritizingWork - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Maintaining Productivity Levels - Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of associates.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)