Reservations Guest Service Agent
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Reservations Guest Service Agent
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort is looking for professionals to join our Reservations team! We offer outstanding benefits (choice of insurance plans, paid time off, 401K to name a few) as well as a starting rate of $15.00 per hour plus commission! New Agents are also eligible for a $2000* Hiring Bonus.
POSITION: Reservations Guest Service Agent - Rapid Response
The Reservation Guest Service Agent is responsible for daily tasks associated with the Reservation Sales / Rapid Response department. Answer incoming phone calls and convert calls into reservations in a timely and professional manner. Book all activities, room and restaurant reservations for all social member and guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect overall resort revenue yields.
- Responsible for answering all incoming inquiries, room and restaurant reservations, and special requests.
- Responsible for booking all accommodations reservations.
- Professional use of telephone service with use of proper telephone etiquette with regard to service industry.
- Proper and precise tabulation of all reservation bookings and clerical needs thereof.
- Take advanced activity reservations for all social member/guests. To include but not limited to golf, spa, dining, transportation and tennis.
- Continuous training with the property management system and amenities reservations systems.
- Maintain proper amenity reservation documents to ensure proper communication of amenity bookings and presentation of an accurate itinerary for each social member/guest.
- Complete appropriate follow up phone calls to confirm amenity reservations.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Assist Group Reservation Coordinators with overflow work as deemed necessary.
- Performs work well with accuracy, speed and attention to detail
- Clear and thorough communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Can work on own as well as part of a team
- Able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous call center and hotel/resort experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Basic math skills, additions, subtraction, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate percentages and discounts.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite of products for various reporting and correspondence needs.
- Ability to problem-solve guest and member issues and alert management to any issues requiring additional resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Hotel/Resort hospitality experience preferred. Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Basic math skills, additions, subtraction, multiply and divide. Ability to calculate percentages and discounts.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*$2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by May 31, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)