Golf Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.
Current Job Openings
- 1st Assistant Golf Professional
- Accounting Clerk
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Supervisor
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Tech. - Agronomy
- Asistente de habitación
- Assistant Director of Engineering
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Housing Attendant
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Manager
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Boat Charter Captain
- Busperson / DRA - Various Resort Outlets
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Conferences Services Manager
- Culinary Supervisor
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Rooms
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Employee Resident Housing Manager
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Executive Chef Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2022
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Member Services Attendant at Summit Rock
- Golf Ops Coordinator - Administrative Assistant
- Golf Outside Operations Supervisor
- Golf Sales Manager
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Starter Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Grill Staff / Server / Bartender
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Group Housing Coordinator
- Group Sales Administrative Assistant
- Hair Stylist
- Host/Hostess - Various Resort Outlets
- Irrigation Technician Agronomy
- Lead Greenskeeper
- Line Cook - Internship for 2022
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Maintenance / Engineer - Hotel/Resort Facilities
- Managing Director Horseshoe Bay Golf and Spa Resort
- Marina Concierge
- Marina Dockhand
- Market Shop Attendant and Barista
- Market/Gift Shop Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Intern 2022
- Mgr Marketing NX
- Pastry Cook
- Pastry Cook - Internship for 2022
- Pastry Culinary Supervisor
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Preventive Maintenance / Facilities PRT Technician
- Public Area Attendant Cap Rock Clubhouse
- Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
- Rental Property Supervisor
- Reservations Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Service In-Room Dining Server
- Senior Sales Manager
- Sommelier / Beverage Manager
- Sous Chef
- Spa Front Desk - Concierge
- Spa Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Court Maintenance Attendant
- Tournament Coordinator
- Water Obstacle Course Attendant
Golf Intern 2022
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Want to spend your internship at our beautiful golf courses while learning from the best? Join our Horseshoe Bay Resort team as a PGA Golf Intern!
Duties of the PGA intern include: assisting in operations pertaining to the golf shop & outside service activities, teaching golf clinics and junior camps, assisting with physical inventory, ensuring accurate tracking of golf rounds, customer preferences & usage patterns, scheduling tee times and handling customer inquiries. The intern will also help with implementing tournaments, working and running events at the Whitewater putting course, running group outings and special events, assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as GHIN, assure timely submission of all reports and other additional duties as required. May be required to run golf events at Whitewater putting course and occasionally work a shift if required. Is responsible for creating 5-star golf experience.
- Daily shifts at the golf operations check in desk.
- Assure all scorecards are input in the GHIN handicap system at the end of each shift.
- Accurately complete the daily close-out procedure and make daily deposit immediately following the end of shift.
- Responsible for helping the Director of Golf and Head Professionals with coordinating the play-days with the WGA, Lady 9-holer’s, and the HSBR MGA
- Do monthly golf events calendar to assist golf course maintenance, F&B department, and member service staff.
- Be aware of pace of play on the course throughout the day. If pace of play on the course is not within our standards, take necessary action to remedy the situation.
- Read all Event BEO’s to assist, not only golf but the other departments to insure a 5-star experience for our members and guests.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage
- Operate POS system, Tournament software, and handicap software (GHIN) and continue to be aware of updates in these systems.
- Manage daily inventories, stock, up sell provide product knowledge.
- Assist with period end physical inventories that are done at the direction of the Retail Merchandise Manager.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English
- Maintain and promote a superlative professional image with the community.
- Possess a friendly demeanor and a positive attitude.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving objects and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
- Minimum age requirement – 18+ (21+ if driving licensed Resort vehicle)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
- Pursuing membership in the PGA
Internship Specific Requirements:
- Will assist management on special projects throughout course of internship
- May rotate through multiple areas
- Mid-term and Final evaluations to be completed by manager
- Spring or Summer Semester
- Must be enrolled in college level coursework and pursuing PGA membership
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)