Marriott Syracuse Downtown
Marriott Syracuse Downtown
261 Room Hotel
Stay in a magnificently restored hotel in downtown Syracuse
Recently awarded the AAA Four Diamond Award, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown was restored to its original 1924 glory in 2016. We invite you to enjoy stunning surroundings both inside and out. Visit a variety of nearby attractions including Armory Square, Syracuse University and The Oncenter. When it's time to dine, enjoy savory breakfast, lunch and dinner at our three on-site restaurants. Those in need of a night in can order room service from our Fresh Bites Menu, available 24 hours. Renovated hotel rooms and suites feature a sleek design with the finest quality Stickley furniture, pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TVs. Marble bathrooms complement our modern, pet-friendly accommodations with double vanities and complimentary bath products. With 41,000 square feet of brilliant meeting space including a Conference Center, we can host memorable corporate and social events, complete with professional planning and catering services. Let us exceed your travel expectations.
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Receivable/HR Clerk
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant General Manager-Director of Operations
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Cook
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Convention Services Manager
- Dishwasher Steward
- Eleven Waters - Hostess/Host- AM
- Eleven Waters - Hostess/Host- PM
- Eleven Waters - Server
- Eleven Waters- Bartender
- Engineer I- Skilled Maintenence Technician
- Engineer II - Maintenance Technician
- Floor Attendant - M Club (PM)
- Floor Attendant / Service Wait Staff
- Floor Attendant / Service Wait Staff - M Club (AM)
- Floor Houseperson
- Floor Houseperson (Weekends)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Room Attendant
- Inspector / Inspectress
- Line Cook - Eleven Waters
- Line Cook - Eleven Waters (Breakfast - AM)
- Line Cook - Eleven Waters (Breakfast AM)
- Line Cook - Shaughnessy's
- Line Cook -Eleven Waters
- Night Auditor
- Outlet Restaurant Supervisor
- Sales Manager
- Security Officer
- Server - Eleven Waters
- Shaughnessy's - Host/Hostess
- Shaughnessy's - Line Cook
Marriott Syracuse Downtown
JOB OVERVIEW: Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Crescent high standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
2. Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
3. Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
4. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
5. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
6. Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
7. Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware. Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)