Los Angeles Athletic Club
Los Angeles Athletic Club
72 Room Hotel
Your Home Away From Home.
The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a private club in Downtown Los Angeles that also houses a boutique hotel on the top three floors of the 12-story historic landmark building. A stay at a historic private club is an entirely unique experience. Collapse onto cool cotton sheets after a rigorous workout in the Athletic Club or a game of squash. Rejuvenate in our spa with a steam or massage, and indulge in one of our signature cocktails offered at our award-winning bar, Invention.
Current Job Openings
Banquet Server Part-Time
Los Angeles Athletic Club
For more than 142 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting, conference, and hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
We have immediate openings for experienced individuals to fill the position of a On Call Banquet Server. Come join our team!
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by delivering superior food, beverage, and service for events.
A. Successfully perform Banquet Server tasks:
- Arrives to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Review BEO and room diagram for timeline and event set-up.
- Prepare for service according to company procedures including product requisition, and event supplies necessary for event execution.
- Set the event space according to BEO.
- Assemble back station with items needed for service, polished, China, glass, and flatware.
- Set up coffee service as needed.
- Walk through your station, confirm it is set properly and ready for guests.
- Be fluent with all menus; if required, take food and beverage orders for your station.
- Whenever possible, address members by name.
- Practice proper table maintenance throughout the event. Refill beverages when needed.
- Assist co-workers’-servers and bartender as needed, including pre-bussing tables and stocking bars.
- Maintain all areas clean and organized during the duration of the event
- Always present a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Properly put away all China, glass, and flatware at end of event.
- Store all banquet items properly and securely, putting all items used back in original order, after event.
- Breakdown the room, clearing all tables, chairs and stations putting all items back in their place.
- Complete event side work and shift paperwork in adherence with property specifications.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Visually inspect all work areas, food service and ensure they are clean and presentable to guests.
- Complies with all Food and Beverage regulations and liquor laws, including but not limited to checking ID before serving liquor to a member/guest that looks under 30 years of age, etc.
- Support /work at other food & beverage outlets as business dictates.
- Works directly with banquet Manager, Captain, or lead on shift.
- Works prior to event with BEO Diagrams for complete setup of events when needed
- Works post- event for final cleaning and organization of all items used, maintaining accurate inventory, linen, silverware, tables, chafing dishes, glassware etc.
- Will be assigned for detail cleaning and organizing, periodically of all storerooms used by banquets, refrigerators, kitchen on the 4th floor.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION:
- Ideal: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in same or similar positions in the Food & Beverage industry
- Required: Food Handlers Certification
- Required: RBS Certification
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ideal: Tip Certified
- Required: At least (21) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Required: Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Required: Visually inspect all work areas, food service
- Required: Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under
pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
- Required: Read and write (English); Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in and additional language is an asset in this position
- Required: Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Required: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Hourly $19.73 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)