11 East Seventh Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
The Westin Tempe
The Westin Tempe
290 Room Hotel
Discover downtown Tempe's newest AAA 4-Diamond luxury hotel
Inspired by its location at the edge of the painted desert, The Westin Tempe provides the perfect oasis in the heart of downtown for guests to unwind and enhance their well-being. Retreat to a luxury room after a day of shopping on Mill Ave and rejuvenate in our spa-centric bathrooms complete with rainshowers. Sophisticated spaces await at our Tempe hotel with floor to ceiling windows providing breathtaking views of A Mountain. Host your next conference, meeting, wedding or special occasion in our 21,000 sq. ft of versatile event space. For collegiate sports lovers, Arizona State University's Sun Devil Stadium, Desert Financial Arena, and Wells Fargo Arena are just minutes away.
Current Job Openings
- Assist Chief Engineer
- Bartender - Terra Tempe
- Busperson - Skysill Rooftop Lounge
- Busperson - Terra Tempe
- Cook - Skysill Lounge
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Food and Beverage Supervisor - Terra Tempe
- Food Runner (PM) - Terra Tempe
- Front Desk Agent
- General Manager
- Host / Hostess - Skysill Rooftop Lounge
- Host / Hostess - Terra Tempe
- In Room Dining Server
- Line Cook
- Line Cooks (PM)
- Pastry Cook
- Server (AM) - Terra Tempe
The Westin Tempe
Are you a pastry cook looking to provide exceptional pastries at one of the newest hotels in Tempe? You have come to the right place!
Inspired by its location at the edge of the painted desert, The Westin Tempe provides the perfect oasis in the heart of downtown for guests to unwind and enhance their well-being.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.A Pastry cookwill also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
- Responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
- Check production schedule and par.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
What experience do you need?
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Why do you want to work here?
- Competitive pay
- Great associate benefits to include health insurance for both full time and part time employees
- Upbeat and positive work environment
- Career growth opportunities
- Hotel discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)