The Muse Hotel
The Muse Hotel
200 Room Hotel
We Know Benefits
Dedicated, satisfied, and engaged associates are the key to our continued success.
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts, we strive for innovative ways to enhance our comprehensive selection of benefit offerings. Crescent associates working as few as 24 hours a week are eligible for our extensive menu of benefit programs.
Crescent's benefits offerings include:
- Healthcare insurance and prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible/dependent-care spending accounts
- Life insurance and supplemental life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- Domestic Partner coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Discounted hotel rooms for associates and family
The Muse Hotel
Why the Muse New York?
The Muse New York is steps away from all the energy and culture of midtown Manhattan. Yet, it provides the perfect ambiance to bring the adrenaline level down in a relaxing and contemporary environment. You will play an essential role in assisting the revenue generation team in providing exemplary hospitality to the clients of the Muse NYC.
Why Crescent Hotels and Resorts?
Crescent was started with a deep belief in our people, encouraging them to apply their energy, passion, and unique abilities to make our hotels run remarkably. When that happens, our guests experience The Crescent Care, an industry-leading ideal.
Our guests benefit from what each associate does as a part of this shared vision. We live the belief that we are successful because of our associates and that every role is important. As you grow, so does Crescent.
We value you and what you do. We manage properties of every size and major brand across North America.
Our goal is to hire the best people and prove that we are the only place you will ever want to work. Join us on that journey and explore the opportunities with us.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for someone passionate about creating a genuine customer experience while achieving revenue objectives. We want someone to represent the 4 diamond Muse New York with confidence and the spirit of hospitality. The ideal candidate will have New York City experience and 2 years in a transient sales role.
You will assist the revenue generation efforts for a boutique oasis in the heart of midtown. Your organizational, communication, and spirit of hospitality will be essential to ensuring your success and the success of the Muse NYC. You will work closely with each member of the Commercial Team to ensure every booking and reservation detail is executed flawlessly.
- Maintain communication with group customers regarding the status of their group room block. This may include monitoring pick-up status, reporting the status of current pickup, and payment due dates, providing cutoff date alerts, and making individual rooming list reservation changes
- Maintain all group files and ensure contracted requirements are fulfilled by clients
- Enter rooming lists
- Keep accurate accounting of deposits and billing
- Craft group resumes as a form of pre-arrival preparation for each program
- Interact with monthly, weekly, and daily travel customers and groups in person, via email, and over the phone to qualify and assist existing and future customers
- In support of the property sales team, the role will greet clients, answer phone calls intake and process incoming lead information, research group billing inquiries, gather data as needed, compile reports, maintain files and prepare correspondence
- Assist property team with sales duties as needed, including but not limited to initial billing inquiries, commission payments, no-show status, and scheduling appointments.
- Assist Managers with RFP responses, proposals, contracts, Resumes, and Turn Overs as needed
- Participate in weekly Sales/GRC meetings.
- Provide additional administrative assistance as directed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in a hotel, restaurant, or customer service role preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Must be outgoing, a team player, and a proven self-starter.
- Weekends or holidays may be required occasionally as business needs warrant.
- College degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)