Director of Operations
The Muse Hotel
The Muse Hotel
200 Room Hotel
We Know Benefits
Dedicated, satisfied, and engaged associates are the key to our continued success.
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts, we strive for innovative ways to enhance our comprehensive selection of benefit offerings. Crescent associates working as few as 24 hours a week are eligible for our extensive menu of benefit programs.
Crescent's benefits offerings include:
- Healthcare insurance and prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible/dependent-care spending accounts
- Life insurance and supplemental life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- Domestic Partner coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Discounted hotel rooms for associates and family
Director of Operations
The Muse Hotel
Essential Job Functions :
Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
4. Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Telephone, Housekeeping Services, Front Office, Laundry, Concierge and Guest Services.
7. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
8. Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
9. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have flexibility to work nights, holidays and weekends. Hotel Front Office management experience with team oversight required. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large-scale work projects. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting. Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)