Lounge Server - Tillery Restaurant
10640 100 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 3N8
Telephone (780) 429-2861
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
184 Room Hotel
Step into the Warmer Side of Modern in Downtown Edmonton
Matrix Hotel provides a distinctive hospitality experience to travelers who appreciate great design in the heart of the city. The hotel is centrally located downtown between the business and government districts for the convenience of the corporate traveler. After the work day or for the leisure traveler, the Edmonton river valley is a short stroll away as are the many shops, restaurants, cafés, arts and theatre venues.
Lounge Server - Tillery Restaurant
Located in the heart of Old Strathcona, Metterra Hotel is looking for an exciting & enthusiastic addition to our Lounge service team!
The Lounge Server is a front line professional that welcomes guests to the MZ Lounge and hospitality spaces. The Lounge Server must represent the hotel through excellence in service and hospitality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Lounge Server responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on lounge offerings, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. To be a successful Server, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their time with us. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Cook Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our servers to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Maintain a working knowledge of the unique food and beverage products carried by the Matrix Hotel.
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization.
- Provide information to guests about hotel and non-hotel attractions, facilities, services, and activities.
- Minimum 1 year previous serving experience.
- ProServe certification is required.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Must be completely familiar with the role during hotel emergencies, including fire alarms, medical emergencies, the use of Incident Reports and Logbooks.
- Provincial legislation requires employees to work safely and cooperate with their employer by following the health and safety rules for the job.
53 North Collection and Crescent Hotels & Resorts offer competitive wages, work/life balance, advancement opportunities & a comprehensive group benefits package.
OUR DIFFERENCES ARE WHAT MAKE US GREAT
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts we strive to create a great placeto work where associates at all levels of our organization are respected for their differences, just like the guests and owners we serve.
That’s why we are dedicated to creating an environment that facilitates open and honest conversations about race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. By examining our own beliefs and behaviors, we can create change through training, recruiting, and promoting diverse talent to strengthen our culture.
Previous service experience.