33 Peck Slip
New York, NY 10038
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC is seeking an individual to fill the position of Sous Chef, who has a demonstrated ability to lead a lead, coach and guide a team of culinarians. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is the industry leader in hotel management and we proudly offer robust compensation and benefits packages along with a career path for our associates which allows them to shine bright.
Crescent was started with a deep belief in our people, encouraging them to apply their energy, passion, and unique abilities to make our hotels run remarkably.Our guests benefit from what each associate does as a part of this shared vision. We live the belief that we are successful because of our associatesand that every role is important. As you grow, so does Crescent.
We value you and what you do. We manage properties of every size and major brand across North America.
Our goal is to hire the best people and prove that we are the only place you will ever want to work. Join us on that journey and explore the opportunities with us.
Here is what you will be doing each day:
- working alongside the Executive Chef, you will assist in the preparation of food for our restaurants and catering
- coach, guide and mentor the culinary team, ensuring that they are demonstrating excellence in preparation
- assist in food costing of menu items
- ensure proper storage and rotation of food, in accordance with standards
- work with catering department to provide menu options that are exceeding the expectations of the guest
- Assist the Executive Chef with menu development and execution
- Provide training to new associates, ensuring they are set up for success. Maintain an ongoing training program for associates, focusing on skills enhancement
Here is what we are looking for:
- progressive culinary talent, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory role
- proven ability to work under pressure and high volume operations
- experience in menu design, through researching emerging trends in food & beverage
For applicants who will be working in NYC, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $27.15 to $30.36 per hour.The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, education, work location, etc. Crescent Hotels is a multi-state employer and the salary ranges indicated herein may not reflect positions that work only in other states.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC
66 Room Hotel
The Art of Hospitality
Surrounded by breathtaking views of the nearby East River, Brooklyn Bridge, and New York skyline, 33 Seaport Hotel is an intimate escape within the bustling cobbled streets of Downtown’s historic South Street Seaport.
A contemporary yet classic retreat, 33 Seaport Hotel provides 66 finely appointed guest rooms and suites, refined and elegant living with personalized service and amenities.
Both our Lobby Lounge and our restaurant are perfect for business or social gatherings.
Enjoy an event in our Signature Suites, with private wrap around furnished terraces and breathtaking views of the Brooklyn Bridge & East River.