130 W 46th Street
New York, NY 10036
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
The Muse New York
The Muse New York
200 Room Hotel
We Know Benefits
Dedicated, satisfied, and engaged associates are the key to our continued success.
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts, we strive for innovative ways to enhance our comprehensive selection of benefit offerings. Crescent associates working as few as 24 hours a week are eligible for our extensive menu of benefit programs.
Crescent's benefits offerings include:
- Healthcare insurance and prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible/dependent-care spending accounts
- Life insurance and supplemental life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- Domestic Partner coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Discounted hotel rooms for associates and family
Current Job Openings
The Muse New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform DOF of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform DOF of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform DOF of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
- Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
- Route and Submit invoices with purchase order attached to department heads and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely basis.
- Process all approved invoices into Purchase Order systems - ensure all appropriate signatures and back-up attached.
- Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner- ensuring accuracy of amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all discounts are taken.
- Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the DOF.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appears and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
For applicants who will be working in NYC, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $31.00 to $35.00 USD per hour. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, education, work location, etc. Crescent Hotels is a multi-state employer and the salary ranges indicated herein may not reflect positions that work only in other states
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)