Area Director of Revenue Strategy
501 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Telephone (415) 292-0100
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
The Marker San Francisco
The Marker San Francisco
208 Room Hotel
Welcome to The Marker San Francisco
"I left my heart in San Francisco," Tony Bennett famously sang, a testament of the Bay Area's lasting impression. And amid this captivating city with its vibrant nightlife, arts, and cultural scene is our newly renovated, Beaux-Arts style hotel in downtown San Francisco—The Marker. Spacious, jewel-toned suites complement our sophisticated yet playful design, emphasizing creativity. Mere blocks from the world-famous Union Square, we’d like to welcome you into a hotel unlike any other.
Area Director of Revenue Strategy
The Marker San Francisco
We are currently looking for an experienced Area Director of Revenue Strategy for The Marker Hotel in San Francisco. We believe our guests shouldn’t be the only ones wanting to keep on coming back – our team members should also! Everyone should leave work feeling great about their day, that’s why we hire exceptional individuals who not only provide extraordinary experiences for our guests but also curate a fun work environment. We support the idea of being an inclusive team, this means every unique team member is an essential part of the hotel’s success— we’re in this together.
Crescent Hotels and Resorts is the industry leader in hotel management and we proudly offer robust compensation and benefits packages along with a career path for our associates which celebrates their success.
Crescent was started with a deep belief in our people, encouraging them to apply their energy, passion, and unique abilities to make our hotels run remarkably. Our guests benefit from what each associate does as a part of this shared vision. We live the belief that we are successful because of our associates and that every role is important. As you grow, so does Crescent.
We value you and what you do. We manage properties of every size and major brand across North America.
Our goal is to hire the best people and prove that we are the only place you will ever want to work. Join us on that journey and explore the opportunities with us.
JOB OVERVIEW: To maximize revenue and yield penetration through proper management of room inventories and products, across all distribution channels for the assigned hotel(s). This is a property-based position that supports two or more properties. Determine and implement strategies to achieve this through analytical and technical knowledge of hotel revenue systems and business intelligence tools.
REPORTS TO: Area Director of Commercial Strategy
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and recommend strategies to maximize revenue generation and exceed goals
- Including but limited to room product, segmentation mix, and pricing
- Implement, quantify, and revise strategies
- Compile data, analyze trends, and develop accurate period forecasts by expected deadlines
- Validate forecast with appropriate property team members, develop plans to improve performance
- Manage revenue management and reservations systems including distribution to 3rd parties
- Create and oversee transient rate plans
- Manage booking engine content
- Run daily pickup reports and audit revenues
- Coordinate with on-property teams to ensure property management is set up for optimal performance
- Conduct weekly strategy meetings to ensure all implemented tactics are achieving the desired effect
- Monitor pace and pickup
- Adjust pricing across segments, products, and channels
- Manage to yield of discount segments
- Provide analysis for weekly and monthly communication to owners on topics related to forecasting, STR performance, and revenue strategies
- Assist in developing and inputting annual budget and marketing plans
- Contribute to meeting/exceeding the overall hotel(s) goals
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales in the validation of optimal business mix between Group, Transient, and Contract
- Provide stay pattern, displacement analysis, and pricing recommendations for group and negotiated rates
- Work with the Sales team to establish &update Group MARs &ceilings
- Provide feedback on content and promotions to the Digital Strategy team
- Advise policies and set procedures for additional tasks that cross disciplines between Revenue Management, Sales, Digital Strategy, Operations, and Finance
- Knowledge of hospitality sales, marketing, and other revenue management functions including research, planning, market positioning, market segments, internal marketing, distribution channels, sales management, reservations, and yield management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis
- Positive, self-starting attitude
- Goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and possession of a full understanding of professional business ethics, decorum and social skills
- Professional appearance and adherence to dress code standards
- Ability to effectively analyze and use operational, financial, and marketing data to maintain and improve market share/penetration goals
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality, and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
For applicants who will be working in California, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $120,000 to $140,000 per year. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, education, work location, etc. Crescent Hotels is a multi-state employer and the salary ranges indicated herein may not reflect positions that work only in other states.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)