Assistant Golf Professional
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Texas Hill Country Careers - Join The Team At Horseshoe Bay Resort
Explore exciting career opportunities with opportunity for upward mobility, generous benefits packages, and employee housing opportunities.
Horseshoe Bay Resort is currently hiring in various departments across the resort including Agriculture, Golf, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Marketing & Sales, and more! Begin your career at our exceptional, AAA-four diamond golf resort on the shores of Lake LBJ with diverse amenities and luxurious accommodations located in the highly desirable Texas Hill Country.
Current Job Openings
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Special Events Associate
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Technician - Agronomy
- Assistant Director of Engineering - Back of House
- Assistant Director of Engineering - Front of House
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Director of Group Sales
- Attendant / Barista - Market Shop
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Lead Server
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Club Catering Manager
- Conference Services Manager
- Culinary Internships
- Dining Attendant - Yacht Club Pool
- Dining Room Attendant / Busperson - Various Resort Outlets
- Director of Front Office
- Director of Marina
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Director of Spa and Fitness
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Chef - Resort Outlet
- F&B Administrative Assistant
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer / Pool Technician
- Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2023
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Range Attendant
- Golf Starter / Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Host - Various Resort Outlets
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Overnight)
- Irrigation Technician - Agronomy
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Marina Dockhand
- Member Event Coordinator
- Pastry Chef
- Pastry Internships
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Project Manager
- Receiving Agent - Porter
- Reservations / Rapid Response Supervisor
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server - Yacht Club Pool
- Shuttle Driver (Morning)
- Sous Chef
- Spa Hair Stylist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Spa Nail Technician
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Department Maintenance
Assistant Golf Professional
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Join our golf team at Cap Rock and Horseshoe Bay Resort!
Named part of the "Top 100 Golf Resorts in North America" by Golf Magazine, and home to three award-winning golf courses, an exclusive member course and a unique 18-hole competitive putting course in miniature, Horseshoe Bay Resort offers a unique opportunity to engage with resort guests and members. Duties of the assistant golf professional include: assisting in operations pertaining to the golf shop & outside service activities, teaching golf clinics and junior camps, assisting with physical inventory, ensuring accurate tracking of golf rounds, customer preferences & usage patterns, scheduling tee times and handling customer inquiries.
Definition: Duties of the assistant golf professional include: assisting in operations pertaining to the golf shop & outside service activities, teaching golf clinics and junior camps, assisting with physical inventory, ensuring accurate tracking of golf rounds, customer preferences & usage patterns, scheduling tee times and handling customer inquiries. The assistant golf professional will also help with implementing tournaments, working and running events at the Whitewater putting course, running group outings and special events, assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as GHIN, assure timely submission of all reports and other additional duties as required. May be required to run golf events at Whitewater putting course and occasionally work a shift if required. Is responsible for creating 5-star golf experience.
- Daily shifts at the golf operations check in desk.
- Assure all scorecards are input in the GHIN handicap system at the end of each shift.
- Accurately complete the daily close-out procedure and make daily deposit immediately following the end of shift.
- Responsible for helping the Director of Golf and Head Professionals with coordinating the play-days with the WGA, Lady 9-holer’s, and the HSBR MGA
- Do monthly golf events calendar to assist golf course maintenance, F&B department and member service staff.
- Be aware of pace of play on the course throughout the day. ANY TIME THE PACE OF PLAY GOES BEYOND 4 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES THE HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL MUST BE INFORMED IMMEDIATELY!
- Read all Event BEO’s to assist, not only golf but the other departments to insure a 5-star experience for our members and guests.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage
- Operate POS system, Tournament software, and handicap software (GHIN) and continue to be aware of updates in these systems.
- Manage daily inventories, stock, up sell provide product knowledge.
- Assist with period end physical inventories that are done at the direction of the Retail Merchandise Manager.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Pursuing membership in the PGA
- Previous experience is required
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance
- Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Maintain and promote a superlative professional image with the community.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving objects and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Requires problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Possess a friendly demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)