Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
200 Hi Circle North
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
Telephone (830) 598-2511
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
400 Room Resort
Texas Hill Country Careers - Join The Team At Horseshoe Bay Resort
Explore exciting career opportunities with opportunity for upward mobility, generous benefits packages, and employee housing opportunities.
Horseshoe Bay Resort is currently hiring in various departments across the resort including Agriculture, Golf, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Marketing & Sales, and more! Begin your career at our exceptional, AAA-four diamond golf resort on the shores of Lake LBJ with diverse amenities and luxurious accommodations located in the highly desirable Texas Hill Country.
Current Job Openings
- Activities and Whitewater Attendant
- Activities Special Events Associate
- Airport Concierge
- Airport Facility Maintenance Technician
- Airport Lineperson
- Application Technician - Agronomy
- Assistant Director of Engineering - Back of House
- Assistant Director of Engineering - Front of House
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Associate Director of Group Sales
- Attendant / Barista - Market Shop
- Audio Visual Technician
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Banquets Lead Server
- Bartender - Various Resort Outlets
- Club Catering Manager
- Conference Services Manager
- Culinary Internships
- Dining Attendant - Yacht Club Pool
- Dining Room Attendant / Busperson - Various Resort Outlets
- Director of Front Office
- Director of Marina
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Director of Spa and Fitness
- Dishwasher / Steward
- Equipment Operator
- Executive Chef - Resort Outlet
- F&B Administrative Assistant
- Facilities Maintenance Engineer / Pool Technician
- Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Intern 2023
- Golf Member Services Attendant - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Golf Range Attendant
- Golf Starter / Ranger - Various Resort Golf Courses
- Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
- Group Billing Coordinator
- Host - Various Resort Outlets
- Hotel / Resort Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Overnight)
- Irrigation Technician - Agronomy
- Line Cook - Various Outlets
- Marina Dockhand
- Member Event Coordinator
- Pastry Chef
- Pastry Internships
- Personal Trainer / Fitness Instructor
- Project Manager
- Receiving Agent - Porter
- Reservations / Rapid Response Supervisor
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server - Yacht Club Pool
- Shuttle Driver (Morning)
- Sous Chef
- Spa Hair Stylist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Spa Nail Technician
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Tennis Department Maintenance
Groundskeeping Assistant Manager
Horseshoe Bay Resort
The Assistant Grounds Manager assigns tasks to and supervises the grounds staff and is entrusted with the environmental responsibility for the application of herbicides, plant protection products, soil amendments, seed and fertilizers according to the recommended rates and label instructions while utilizing best management practices, proven agronomics and approved operating guidelines under the direction of the Director of Grounds.
- Have a basic understanding of normal landscaping and grounds maintenance practices as dictated by soil, water and tissue tests.
- Ability to help identify turf grass weeds, insects and disease symptoms and characteristics and understand the proper treatment.
- When post-application irrigation is required, coordinate the operation and scheduling of the irrigation system with the Director of Grounds and/or the Irrigation Technician.
- Have a working knowledge of all application products, including fertilizers, pesticides, and soil amendments. Responsible for comprehending and assisting to maintain a current file/library of labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) on all products.
- Responsible for the security of all equipment, tools, supplies, materials, and facilities entrusted by the Resort to the Assistant Grounds Manager and/or assigned to his/her staff.
- Oversee all outside contractors scheduled to make custom applications.
- Responsible for product handling, mixing, package disposal and facility maintenance.
- Keep accurate and complete application records (including related weather data, irrigation, product, rate, amount used, calibration, applicator, etc.), environmental inspections, and inventories.
- Properly inspect, use, and calibrate the application equipment under the supervision of the Director of Grounds.
- Continuously inspect the application area and operation of the equipment for uniformity of product application with a keen attention to detail.
- Assist in orientation and training of application assistants for the purpose of safe, efficient, and responsible product storage, handling and mixing, packaging disposal, maintenance of the application equipment and maintenance facility.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Resort’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Be familiar with and use industry standard "Best Management Practices" to ensure maximum environmental stewardship.
- Abide by and follow all local ordinances, city, county, state and federal laws.
- Assist the Irrigation Technician in the maintenance, repair, and operation of the irrigation system.
- Be a "team player" and "team builder" responsible for:
- Making decisions and supporting decisions of management.
- Receiving an assignment and reporting its results when completed.
- Capable of multi-tasking various projects and tasks along with their deadlines.
- Promoting interdependence among the team.
- Maintaining a positive attitude consistent with the beliefs and standards set by Horseshoe Bay Resort.
- Motivating and managing staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Participate in relevant continuing educational opportunities sufficient to acquire and maintain current licenses, knowledge and understanding of all agronomic and environmental issues.
- Render advice, opinions, assistance, and services to the Director of Grounds.
- Perform other duties and assignments to assist other departments or as directed by the Director of Grounds.
- Communication with the mechanic staff and the administrative staff is essential.
- Must coordinate and communicate procedures and schedules with other supervisory staff.
- Responsible for attending all company required training sessions; including but not limited to financial, safety, managerial, human resources, computer, etc.
- Responsible for attending all training and continuing education sessions necessary to obtain and remain current on all license requirements, equipment, irrigation systems, product knowledge, environmental stewardship, agronomics, etc.
- Assist in the supervision, direction, and training of additional application helpers.
- Assist in the supervision of construction, renovation or special projects scheduled to perform work on the grounds as directed by the Director of Grounds.
- Assist in the direct supervision, as assigned by the Director of Grounds of all staff assigned to do work on the grounds including, but not limited to, Irrigation Technician, Electrician, Lightman, Clay Court Attendant, Gardeners, Operators, and Groundskeepers.
- A minimum of 5 years experience grounds maintenance required.
- BS degree (preferred) or Associates degree (accepted) in horticulture or related field, or 5 years experience.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier.
- Obtain and retain a valid Texas pesticide applicator license (recommended).
- Encouraged to pursue Texas Nurseryman’s certification or related certification.
- Basic computer skills required.
- High degree of good common sense and math skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
- Working knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, turf grass management and grounds maintenance practices and products; including fertilizers, pesticides, and soil amendments.
- Mechanical aptitude and detailed working knowledge of all types of product application and equipment calibration methods.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local laws and regulations affecting the management of grounds maintenance operations - including, but not limited to, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations.
- Resident, member, and guest sensitivity.
- Majority of the work is performed outdoors in various weather conditions common to Texas.
- Exposure to maintenance equipment; including but not limited to moving parts, heights, noise, airborne debris, vibration, and fumes.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and environmentally responsible work environment.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have neat and clean overall appearance.
- Encourage American Red Cross first-aid and CPR training.
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
- Working knowledge of safe and efficient mechanical operation of all grounds maintenance and product application equipment.
- Must be certified as necessary, have knowledge of and utilize all applicable, necessary, and required safety standards, equipment and protective devices to ensure safe personal hygiene and minimize exposure potential as directed by the product label and/or MSDS.
- Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)