33 Peck Slip
New York, NY 10038
Telephone (212) 766-6600
Managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC
66 Room Hotel
The Art of Hospitality
Surrounded by breathtaking views of the nearby East River, Brooklyn Bridge, and New York skyline, 33 Seaport Hotel is an intimate escape within the bustling cobbled streets of Downtown’s historic South Street Seaport.
A contemporary yet classic retreat, 33 Seaport Hotel provides 66 finely appointed guest rooms and suites, refined and elegant living with personalized service and amenities.
Both our Lobby Lounge and our restaurant are perfect for business or social gatherings.
Enjoy an event in our Signature Suites, with private wrap around furnished terraces and breathtaking views of the Brooklyn Bridge & East River.
Current Job Openings
The 33 Seaport Hotel NYC
Crescent Hotels & Resorts has an immediate opening for a luxury boutique hotel, the #3 Seaport Hotel NYC. We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Executive Chef, who has a demonstrated ability to lead culinary team and mentor individuals to reach their full potential. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is the industry leader in hotel management and we proudly offer robust compensation and benefits packages along with a career path for our associates which allows them to shine bright.
Crescent was started with a deep belief in our people, encouraging them to apply their energy, passion, and unique abilities to make our hotels run remarkably. Our guests benefit from what each associate does as a part of this shared vision. We live the belief that we are successful because of our associates and that every role is important. As you grow, so does Crescent.
We value you and what you do. We manage properties of every size and major brand across North America.
Our goal is to hire the best people and prove that we are the only place you will ever want to work. Join us on that journey and explore the opportunities with us.
This position is based in New York City
Here is what you will be doing each day:
Responsible for all aspects of managing the culinary department and associates, including menu concepting and design, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Coordinate the purchase of all food and develop menus, maintaining approved food and labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication
- Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
- Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
- Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
- Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
- Ensure that all associates prepare menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Monitor performance of associates and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards
- Conduct frequent walk throughs of each kitchen area and coach associates to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
- Assist Catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
- Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Reevaluate positions in the kitchen and make changes wherever necessary.
Here is what we are looking for:
- progressive culinary experience in a fast paced, multi-faceted operation, with a minimum of 3 years' experience leading culinary operations as an Executive Chef
- previous leadership experience in a high volume kitchen
- demonstrated ability to develop menu items that meet the discerning tastes of a diverse audience
- curiosity regarding food trends, and the ability to assess trends for their value in driving the guest experience
For applicants who will be working in NYC, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $90,000 to $115,000 per year. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, education, work location, etc. Crescent Hotels is a multi-state employer and the salary ranges indicated herein may not reflect positions that work only in other states.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)