431 W 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Los Angeles Athletic Club
For more than 143 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, 72 hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Join our team! We have an immediate openings for individuals who are committed to elevating the member and guest experience to fill the position of an On Call Banquet Server.
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club (“Company”) by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by providing exceptional service while delivering superior food, beverage, and service for events.
- Arrive to work on time, in proper uniform, and ready to work.
- Review Banquet Event Order (BEO) and room diagram for timeline and event set-up.
- Prepare for service according to company procedures including product requisition, and event supplies necessary for event execution.
- Set the event space according to BEO.
- Assemble back station with items needed for service, polished, China, glass, and flatware.
- Set up coffee service as needed.
- Walk through your station and confirm it is set properly and ready for guests.
- Be fluent with all menus; if required, take food and beverage orders for your station.
- Whenever possible, address members and guests by name.
- Practice proper table maintenance throughout the event. Refill beverages when needed.
- Assist other servers and bartender as needed, including pre-bussing tables and stocking bars.
- Maintain all areas clean and organized during the event.
- Always present a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Properly put away all China, glass, and flatware at end of event.
- Store all banquet items properly and securely, putting all items used back in original order, after event.
- Breakdown the room, clearing all tables, chairs and stations putting all items back in their place.
- Complete event side work and shift paperwork in adherence with property specifications.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Visually inspect all work areas, food service and ensure they are clean and presentable to guests.
- Complies with all Food and Beverage regulations and liquor laws, including but not limited to checking ID before serving liquor to a member/guest that looks under 30 years of age, etc.
- Support other Food and Beverage outlets as needed/as business dictates.
- Works directly with banquet Manager, Captain, or lead on shift.
- Works prior to event with BEO Diagrams for complete setup of events when needed.
- Works post- event for final cleaning and organization of all items used, maintaining accurate inventory, linen, silverware, tables, chafing dishes, glassware etc.
- Periodically assist with detailed cleaning and organizing of all storerooms used by banquets, refrigerators, and kitchen on the 4th floor.
- Assist other associates as needed to ensure elevated member and guest experience.
- Report all incidents and concerns with members, guests, or associates to Banquet Manager.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION
- Required: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in same or similar positions in the Food & Beverage industry
- Required: Food Handlers and Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certification(s)
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Excellent time-management skills; prioritizing and completing assigned job tasks effectively.
- Ideal: Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in English or other language is an asset in this position
- Required: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey messages clearly and compose correspondence with correct and proper grammar.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required Strong analytical skills.
- Required High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Strong organizational skills
- Required: Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently meet deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Physical Exertion: Medium work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects (for example, carts, tables, chairs, furniture, and ice).
We offer excellent On Call Benefits Packages!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Complimentary Associate Meal per shift
- Professional development and opportunities to grow within a well-respected company
- Hotel Room Discounts, Associate Company Paid Parking, and more!
Pay: Hourly $19.73 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Los Angeles Athletic Club
72 Room Hotel
Your Home Away From Home.
The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a private club in Downtown Los Angeles that also houses a boutique hotel on the top three floors of the 12-story historic landmark building. A stay at a historic private club is an entirely unique experience. Collapse onto cool cotton sheets after a rigorous workout in the Athletic Club or a game of squash. Rejuvenate in our spa with a steam or massage, and indulge in one of our signature cocktails offered at our award-winning bar, Invention.