4333 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Holiday Inn Miami Beach-Oceanfront
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
4. Review daily menu specials and offer feedback.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Conduct frequent walk throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
17. Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
18. Assist Catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
19. Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the Controller.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Reevaluate positions in the kitchen and make changes wherever necessary.
22. Interview and hire new personnel according to hotel policies and standards.
23. Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands. Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
25. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work stations; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions. Ability to plan and develop menus and recipes. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline, as necessary. Ability to ensure security of kitchen access, products and hotel property. Ability to operate with stress, time constraints, physical activity and continuous walking. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Minimum 2 years’ of high volume kitchen management; catering/banquet experience, management or previous supervisory experience in food and beverage operations preferred; previous experience with employee coaching and counseling as well as documentation; experience with establishing, documenting and enforcing food safety procedures and workplace safety procedures, as well as purchasing, receiving and inventory control. Serve Safe Certification and Allergy Awareness Training strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Holiday Inn Miami Beach-Oceanfront
253 Room Hotel
Miami Beach hotel with a waterfront garden
Welcome to the tropically inspired Holiday Inn Miami Beach - Oceanfront hotel, where our 1950's Miami Modern (MiMo) exterior blends seamlessly with vibrant contemporary South Beach style to wrap you in modern comfort. Eleven miles east of Miami International Airport (MIA), our Miami Beach oceanfront hotel is located where I-195 meets A1A at the Atlantic Ocean.
Our oceanfront Miami Beach hotel offers you an unparalleled location, right off Collins Avenue and just two miles from South Beach; home of the best clubs, dining, and shopping. With the Miami Beach beachwalk at your doorstep, take a moonlit stroll on the beach by night, play in the surf by day or simply relax by our large pool overlooking the beach and our lush, tropical garden with its hammock oasis. Be sure to grab a mojito and a delicious meal at our Paradise Café and Blue Parrot Bar.
You will appreciate the close proximity of our hotel to the Miami Beach Convention Center and Lincoln Road shopping, just two miles away. Don’t miss the opportunity to take in the art and culture that make Miami Beach such a popular destination. The Art Deco district, Miami Children’s Museum, Holocaust Memorial, Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, and the Bass Museum of Art are within a short drive of our hotel. Ask about area transportation via the free Miami Beach Trolley.