Catering Sales Manager
7118 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
Current Job Openings
- Catering Sales Manager
- Chinese Sous Chef
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Office Manager
- Hotel Maintenance Engineer
- Lead Engineer
- Line Cook
- Pastry Chef
- Security / Loss Prevention
- SMERF Sales Manager
- Sushi Sous Chef
- Valet Attendant
Catering Sales Manager
Blossom Hotel Houston
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related area
- Experience in luxury hotel is strongly recommended.
- 1-3 years of experience in catering or related food service industry
- Experience telephone sales with proven sales negotiating and closing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple guests and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadline.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge
- Proficient with Delphi
- Opera Cloud experience is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards. Strong interpersonal skills to assess client needs, negotiate pricing and provide overall guest satisfaction. Effectively deal with internal and external guests.
- Strong work ethic
- Negotiating and closing
- Attention to details
- Relationship builder
- Problem analysis and solving
- Excellent communicator
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Book group events within the group booking parameters, ensuring that sales progress seamlessly and accurately by following established process and procedures
- Up-sell products and services, closing the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs
- Gather and input all important customer data in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customer’s goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.)
- Close sales by collecting client deposit and signed contract
- Provide accurate, complete and effective communication to the Food & Beverage team
- Confirm final billing accuracy prior to and then process the final bill
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Matching 401K
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Hotel Discount Program and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Blossom Hotel Houston
267 Room Hotel
Welcome to Blossom Hotel Houston
Moments Away, A World Apart.
Blossom Hotel is Houston’s newest and most distinctive luxury destination for business and leisure. Located minutes from the nations largest medical and research community at Texas Medical Center, near NRG Stadium and Rice University.
Personalized, attentive service, public spaces with panache and spacious accommodations outfitted with thoughtful touches are hallmarks of the distinctive property, where premier amenities range from a rooftop pool with expansive skyline views to a plethora of elegant meeting and event spaces ideal for memorable occasions.
Positioned at the axis of innovation and inspiration, guests can enjoy the diversity of nearby neighborhoods, world-class dining options and attractions via a complimentary Mercedes-Benz shuttle -within a three-mile radius and subject to availability – or conveniently situated METRORail line.
Find refuge at Blossom Hotel, a tranquil oasis with the energy of the city at its doorstep. Serenity sets the tone for our guestrooms and suites with luxurious finishes and refined décor. Start your morning in a spacious living area, bathed in natural light, or relax and rejuvenate after a long day in your spa-like bathroom, wrapped in marble and featuring premium bath products, rainfall shower and plush robes.
Blossom Hotel offers a collection of regal meeting and event venues that encompass over 9,000 square feet. Highlights include the nearly 3,000-square-foot Luna Ballroom and its approximately 1,500-square-foot pre-function area, which accommodate groups of up to 250. Geared to the most discerning of event planners, the hotel puts food, service and experience at a premium and offers a truly distinctive environment for gatherings ranging in size from intimate to grand.
The hotel’s ten unique meeting and event spaces are not only visually striking, but also offer abundant natural light and the latest audio/visual technologies for seamless and stress-free presentation capabilities.
Whether you are celebrating a major life event or hosting an important business meeting, Blossom strives to offer an unrivaled experience with an unmatched level of service.