Sushi Sous Chef
7118 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
Current Job Openings
- Catering Sales Manager
- Chinese Sous Chef
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Office Manager
- Hotel Maintenance Engineer
- Lead Engineer
- Line Cook
- Pastry Chef
- Security / Loss Prevention
- SMERF Sales Manager
- Sushi Sous Chef
- Valet Attendant
Sushi Sous Chef
Blossom Hotel Houston
The day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Expert in Japanese cuisine in All aspects, from cold to hot and the pastry side as well
- Preparing various sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Initiates periodic quality checks for all products, i.e., temperature checks.
- Works with Team regarding orders, and all food products are to par levels.
- Maintains the proper rotation of food to ensure quality and freshness.
- Monitors weekly sales and adjusts prep production levels.
- Performs daily line checks with front-of-the-house managers.
- Maintains and ensures that all food is prepared within acceptable kitchen times.
- Ensures kitchen, restaurant and Health Department sanitation requirements are always maintained.
- Practices prevention maintenance by providing daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
- Due to the nature of our business, this position has required us to work weekends and holidays.
Required Skills & Abilities
Minimum five years of experience in similar role. Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish. Expert in Japanese cuisine in All aspects, from cold to hot and the pastry side as well. Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices. Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment. Ability to produce recipes within corporate specifications. Ability to calculate, analyze, and troubleshoot P&L, i.e., food, labor, and budgets. Ability to demonstrate expertise in performing all positions within the kitchen. Working knowledge of POS systems.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Employee assistance program
- Free life insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Hotel discount program, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Blossom Hotel Houston
267 Room Hotel
Welcome to Blossom Hotel Houston
Moments Away, A World Apart.
Blossom Hotel is Houston’s newest and most distinctive luxury destination for business and leisure. Located minutes from the nations largest medical and research community at Texas Medical Center, near NRG Stadium and Rice University.
Personalized, attentive service, public spaces with panache and spacious accommodations outfitted with thoughtful touches are hallmarks of the distinctive property, where premier amenities range from a rooftop pool with expansive skyline views to a plethora of elegant meeting and event spaces ideal for memorable occasions.
Positioned at the axis of innovation and inspiration, guests can enjoy the diversity of nearby neighborhoods, world-class dining options and attractions via a complimentary Mercedes-Benz shuttle -within a three-mile radius and subject to availability – or conveniently situated METRORail line.
Find refuge at Blossom Hotel, a tranquil oasis with the energy of the city at its doorstep. Serenity sets the tone for our guestrooms and suites with luxurious finishes and refined décor. Start your morning in a spacious living area, bathed in natural light, or relax and rejuvenate after a long day in your spa-like bathroom, wrapped in marble and featuring premium bath products, rainfall shower and plush robes.
Blossom Hotel offers a collection of regal meeting and event venues that encompass over 9,000 square feet. Highlights include the nearly 3,000-square-foot Luna Ballroom and its approximately 1,500-square-foot pre-function area, which accommodate groups of up to 250. Geared to the most discerning of event planners, the hotel puts food, service and experience at a premium and offers a truly distinctive environment for gatherings ranging in size from intimate to grand.
The hotel’s ten unique meeting and event spaces are not only visually striking, but also offer abundant natural light and the latest audio/visual technologies for seamless and stress-free presentation capabilities.
Whether you are celebrating a major life event or hosting an important business meeting, Blossom strives to offer an unrivaled experience with an unmatched level of service.